Guidewire are seeking a SurePath Project Manager and Methodology Lead who will assist in the advancement of multiple Guidewire SurePath initiatives in delivery services enablement, content management, best practices, white papers, data sheets, standards, implementation tools, and others as a part of the Cloud Delivery Strategy team.
This position will require close coordination of work across multiple teams including hands on work for authoring, publishing, and reviewing project delivery processes, planning, and driving methodology summit events, managing delivery enablement projects, and deep collaboration with our product-specific subject matter experts and consulting groups.
The selected candidate will have advanced skills in content management and Project Management tools with a passion for process definition and improvements. They should be a self-starter who is able to define processes for improving the area and practice as a whole, including putting structure and process around tasks that may not be clearly defined. They will report to the Practice Director, Delivery Enablement and work closely with other teams in Cloud Delivery Strategy on a variety of initiatives and tasks.
SurePath Methodology & Tooling
- Understand the SurePath Methodology end to end so that processes and tooling opportunities can be addressed.
- Lead preparation and execution of Methodology Summits across the Delivery Services organization. These summits have cross geography in-person (when allowed) attendance of 30+ and require advance preparation, coordination, and booking of agendas, meetings, resources, physical meeting locations, conference rooms, Miro boards, presentations, Jira backlog setup, and related logistical dependencies. Summits are held every quarter.
- Work with Business Operations team to publish changes to tools like Jira, Miro, Financial Force, etc.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project management and implementation tools to better assist both implementation services and sales teams.
- Lead and manage internal projects that require cross-department dependency management related to SurePath Methodology processes and tooling, collateral, and content management. Provide regular and accurate project status reports on milestones to appropriate stakeholders. All while ensuring quality reviews are occurring per procedure and project deliverables are signed off within planned timeline and budgeted resources.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team and take appropriate action if team performance deviates from agreed guidelines.
- Coordinate with the Resource Management Office and Consulting Management to ensure Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are available for work assignments for Methodology Summits and Cloud Delivery Strategy Initiatives and track their work initiatives through fruition.
- Manage the backlog creation and refinement process for the Cloud Delivery Enablement Practice while also providing visibility and reporting to stakeholders on the backlog state and status.
- Ensure external partners and contractors are engaged in project work when applicable.
- Establish policies and procedures for content classification, management, and storage.
- Create, maintain, review and publish SurePath Methodology content (both project and customer related) including White Papers, Datasheets, Job aids, Presentations, Operating Procedures, Processes, Videos, Project Estimation tools, User story cards etc. Publication sites include SharePoint, Guidewire Community, Miro, and Knowledge Center Service Tools, etc.
- Create and maintain internal SharePoint sites, including permissions, and related content.
- Foster consistency among content relating to our product-specific consulting groups.
- Responsible for creating SharePoint sites for new Guidewire Delivery Services Accounts. Administers requests for allowing access to Guidewire Collaboration tools (e.g., Miro) for external team members.
- Monitor questions and comments in Guidewire community and answer where possible based on knowledge available from the Cloud Delivery Services team. Redirect questions to other SMEs as needed to get relevant responses.
- Two or more years of project management and methodology content development and maintenance experience
- Advance knowledge of agile, iterative, and waterfall software development methodologies through all project delivery phases.
- Ability to identify problems in projects and recommend solutions.
- Good written communication skills; always clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Advanced skills in content management and publication tools including SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Miro (or equivalent virtual collaboration tool), Jira (or equivalent ALM), etc.
- Flexible enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire and aptitude to learn.
- Bachelor's degree desired but not required.
What is SurePath?
Customers who choose Guidewire products look to the Delivery Services team for vision and guidance to achieve a faster implementation, lower total cost of ownership, and minimize risk. We deliver with Guidewire SurePath, our guided implementation approach. SurePath empowers customers and their partners to maximize their investment in Guidewire and enables customers to predictably achieve their strategic objectives while optimizing costs.
SurePath provides more confidence and peace of mind for the journey because it’s a guided, proven path to success. We’ve built SurePath on methods that we have learned from working on hundreds of implementations around the world.
Our guided approach encompasses everything customers need to adapt and succeed: deep product and implementation knowledge, extensive experience, well-honed processes, best practices, and our comprehensive set of tools. We invest significant resources in developing and continually refining SurePath to help every customer be successful with Guidewire.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting