To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What you’ll be doing…
The Tableau Public Product Manager is a key member of the Tableau Public Marketing team and the broader global Community team, responsible for the launches of new features and capabilities on Tableau Public (our free platform for the data community to explore, create and share data visualizations about relatable everyday topics of personal interest like sports, music, and health). This role is responsible for developing and articulating the value proposition messaging and positioning for new Tableau Public features and capabilities and is an expert user of the product who can create and present cutting-edge demos and support the sales team with technical information. This position will work with other members of the Community team and cross-departmentally with Engineering, Sales, customers and partners to understand the market needs, and to plan and execute promotional strategies that will activate and expand how Tableau integrates Tableau Public messaging in overall customer engagement efforts. This role acts as passionate advocate and champion for Tableau Public both internally and externally.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Drive Tableau Public feature and capability launches – Drive the definition of new Tableau Public features and capabilities, developing positioning and messaging, producing copy for web pages, blog posts, and use-cases, and shepherding through the approval process to execution in-market, proactively driving stakeholder awareness and alignment.
- Support deepening engagement with new Tableau Public users - Identify and work with strategic customers and partners as a trusted advisor to ensure their success, collect feedback, manage escalations, gather product requirements and participate in product planning activities that focus on helping nurture and activate new users.
- Drive awareness and integration of Tableau Public - Evangelize and advocate for Tableau Public cross-functionally within the organization across sales, engineering, and the marketing team, regularly presenting product capability demos, value propositions, and roadmap briefings, and acting as subject matter expert by reviewing and providing detailed feedback on functional designs and test plans for features.
- Report on key performance metrics - Identify, track, analyze, and present product metrics and insights to key stakeholders, communicating performance progress and determining optimization strategies, informing the success/failure of each feature release, and planning enhancements accordingly.
Who you are …
- Experienced : 8+ years of experience in commercial software product or program/product marketing management
- Product marketing savvy - Ability to understand the overall Tableau Software product marketing strategy and core differentiators, and how Tableau Public impacts and leverages it, as well as the ability to understand the Tableau Public user’s broader world context (pain points, objectives) and how to best communicate with them.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - Exceptional problem solving, teamwork and leadership skills with ability to easily present and advocate for Tableau Public to different internal audiences, to coordinate and manage within a matrix organization and proactively drive cross-functional collaboration, leading by influence and proactively identifying points of leverage to deliver maximum impact across multiple teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - Clear communicator and storyteller with ability to synthesize and develop strategic messages, making the complex more simple while understanding how to adapt messaging to best resonate with specific target audiences.
- Program management experience that is detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven - Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once, identifying opportunities and translating them into action, owning projects from vision and strategy to implementation and tactical execution.
- Experience developing product messaging and understanding different marketing engagement content formats - Ability to develop strategic product messaging that can be implemented in different marketing channels to drive specific performance metrics.
- Tech & social media savvy - Highly analytical and experienced analyzing data hands-on and using analytic software products. Deep technical knowledge in Tableau (familiarity with Tableau Public a plus!) Familiarity with Drupal also a plus
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $99,200. You may also be entitled to receive incentive compensation and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: