About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and news media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, which includes; Blavity News, Blavity Politics, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, and Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary: Blavity Inc. is looking for a well-versed Associate, Content Partnerships & Distribution Associate to join the team. The Associate, Content Partnerships & Distribution will play a key role in helping the Content team to grow our content partnerships & distribution business. The Associate will be responsible for a high volume of tasks, which will also include some general administrative duties.
This role will report directly to the Vice President, Content Partnerships & Distribution.
- Understanding internal process and systems in order to work independently, including handling and coordinating day-to-day tasks with platform partners
- Participate in the ideation and development of partnership initiatives and strategy
- Maintain key documents with current information
- Manage an assigned group of content partner relationships; fostering team-based collaboration and executing across various stages of the partnership
- Build and maintain relationships with partners, producers, directors, and production companies
- Gathering information from internal and external sources, and synthesizing it into decks and presentations suitable for business leads and collaborators to make informed decisions
- General administrative duties, including scheduling external partner meetings
- Coordinate meetings internally with key stakeholders
- Additional special projects, as aligned with the ideal candidate's background and qualifications
- Marketplace research and maintaining current knowledge of key industry trends
- Support all ongoing Content Partnerships & Distribution team needs and business development efforts
- Onboard new clients, laying the foundation for future success with partners
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: At least 3+ years of project management/partnerships experience; ideally within online content media, television, and/or entertainment
- Technologies: Demonstrated proficiency using spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel or Google Sheets) and Microsoft Office products
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working for a non-scripted agent, producer, or senior-level media executive
- In-depth understanding of social networking & digital media platforms
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the entertainment industry
- Knowledgeable of entertainment industry business cycles
- Excellent organizational skills, with a team-orientated philosophy
- Ability to identify problems, quickly devise feasible solution options, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant stakeholders, and ultimately bring about a timely resolution
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time, while maintaining a commitment to deadlines
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups such as senior management, peers, and outside partners
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain composure and task-switch efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
Details: This is a Full-Time, Remote position that may require attendance to ad hoc meetings out of our DTLA office. Candidates must be available to work in alignment with the Pacific Time Zone.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: