We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
Division: Residential, Commercial, and Golf Irrigation & Lighting
About This Role:
The Associate Software Engineer develops software using the Mob Programming process and using development practices guided by the Agile Manifesto and principles. S/he improves and revises the team’s development process using Agile Retrospectives and achieves technical excellence utilizing the Manifesto for Software Craftsmanship.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
- Learns and contributes to Mob Programming (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVqUcNKVbYg).
- Learns and contributes to Extreme Programming.
- Learns and contributes to maintaining software utilizing Object Oriented Programming (sometimes functional programming).
- Learns and contributes to ensuring code quality with Test Driven Development.
- Learns and contributes to ensuring maintainable interdependencies with Behavior Driven Development or Full-stack Integration Tests.
- Learns and contributes to enabling and executing Continuous Deployment with Continuous Delivery.
- Learns and contributes to mentoring and cross-train other team members with the goal of elevating the entire team’s skill set and knowledge.
- Learns and contributes to designing, querying, and maintaining SQL databases.
- Learns and contributes to understand Code Craftsmanship.
Other Job Functions:
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Education/Training Required and Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and work experience.
Experience Required and Preferred:
- Any programming experience in Software Development.
What You Bring:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with members across the organization.
- Must be comfortable working in groups.
- Ability to use Behavior Driven Development and Test-Driven Development practices.
- Ability to proactively seek knowledge and proficiency of new skills while interacting and working closely with the team.
- Ability to recognize and act on the opportunity to share knowledge with other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
What We Offer:
- Amazing corporate culture - we walk the walk when it comes to our values!
- Beautiful 20 acre park like campus with creek and walking trails
- On site wellness center with personal training, fitness classes and massage
- FUN company events!
- Annual performance reviews and profit sharing bonus
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers
Hunter Industries and its Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job summaryThe Software Engineer V is the vanguard for software design and implementation at Mindbody. The motto of this role is to be the first to break down complex problems and envision elegant solutions. Members of this role are the go-to subject.
Role: Software EngineerLocation: Remote (Need to work in EST hours)Duration: 4 Months Contract to hireNo of positions: 12Job description: The newly formed Platform Engineering PLAID team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced.
ResponsibilitiesDevelop (architect, code, unit test and document) modules for the product on your ownArchitect complex application workflows across multiple services, messaging platforms, and data storesResearch industry trends and align development.
Lead .Net Developer100% Remote- Permanent HireARC Group is currently looking for a Lead .Net Engineer for a growing client of ours in the legal industry. The Lead .Net Developer will work with a team to build web applications, and client web portals,.
Info-Matrix Corporation is currently seeking multiple .NET Developers to join our team!*Qualified candidates will immediately be scheduled for an on-camera technical screening. Verification of ID required prior to screening*The successful candidate in.
More jobs by this company
We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse.