Software Engineering Lead
As a Software Engineering Lead, you will be part of an Agile Scrum team which is responsible for the creation and maintenance of products that support our business operations. You will participate in Sprint activities, such as planning, grooming and daily standups to deliver on commitments, continuously improve process and drive positive change. You will be responsible for setting your team members up for success - building trust and loyalty through thoughtful engagement and opportunity as their manager.
You will work directly with architects, senior management, functional analysts and the product team to understand design requirements and business needs, which you will translate into goals and milestones for your development team. You will be accountable for the quality of solutions produced by the team, execution on delivery timelines and root cause analysis for defects and production support issues.
The ideal candidate cultivates a team atmosphere unafraid to innovate, work together and rapidly build quality solutions. They will be a mentor to the team and an advocate for our business partners. They will challenge the team to reach their potential, resolve blockers and ensure that implementations match design criteria and architectural direction. Working with product owners, they will build roadmaps, help senior management understand resource needs and enable the team to successfully achieve goals.
About The Team
You will join the teams responsible for delivering new and enhancing existing features for Clayton’s most visible web properties. You will collaborate with product owners and digital marketing teams to define, scope, and plan new projects in support of business objectives. Together with the software engineering manager, you will be responsible for the process and delivery of technical solutions with the scrum teams.
- Manage and provide technical guidance to team members, challenge them to meet their potential and create solutions that align with our architectural guidelines and project goals
- Create technical and soft skill development plans for direct reports
- Serves as liaison between the technical team and portfolio team to ensure on time delivery of sprint goals
- Accountable for quality of code and designs
- Work daily problems as they arise to ensure blocks are removed and the team is operating efficiently
- Serve as a technical representative for the customer
- Accountable for project delivery for one or more scrum teams, including customer issues and resolution SLAs
- Participate in issue investigation and drive the team to pursue root cause
- Contribute to design revisions as necessary
- Work with Product Owners to create delivery roadmaps
- Provide staffing estimates to management based on projected work
- Create team collaboration, drive consensus and serve as a decision point where necessary
- 4+ years of Software Development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience leading a team
- Experience with project tracking software, such as Jira and Agile Methodology
- Experience with source control systems and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience developing in and solutioning in Jamstacks
- Experience with terraform and AWS providers
- Experience developing in .NET
- Experience developing in Node
- Experience with directly managing software engineers
Why Clayton Homes?
Founded in 1956, Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway Company committed to opening doors to a better life and Building Happyness® through homeownership. Through its family of brands, Clayton builds, sells, finances, and ensures traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. Corporate headquarters is located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area, specifically, Maryville, Tennessee. Clayton is the recipient of numerous industry awards including 2019 Builder of the Year and ranks as the #2 builder of homes in the U.S. by units sold. Our site-built division, Clayton Properties Group, is the 8th largest site builder in the U.S. We achieve our results through the strength of our people and have been recognized on the 2021 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity and 2021 Forbes America’s Best Employers Lists. To learn more about Clayton Homes, got to: https://www.claytonhomes.com
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) with 100% company match of the first 4%; medical, dental and vision plans; paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical, and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong, and disc golf course.
- Paid Time Off for Volunteer work.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Software development: 5 years (Required)
- .NET: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Company Overview:The Enlyte Family of BusinessesMitchell | Genex | CoventryEnlyte is the parent brand of Mitchell, Genex and Coventry, an organization unlike any other in the Property & Casualty industry, bringing together three great businesses with.
What We Do...PSPDFKit is on a mission to help developers deliver excellent software by building exceptional products and providing great support. We enable businesses to work smarter and faster, saving time and expenses along the way, and freeing developers.
Remote .NET DeveloperPremier software. Best support. Now approaching 40 YEARS of service to the law enforcement and public safety community, we provide 19 fully integrated software applications to support various agencies. Privately held, and never bought.
The Software Developer position participates in a diverse range of projects, engages in software development life cycle activities, and sees concepts through to real life deployments around the world. This is a hands-on coding role working as part of.
Role: .NET DeveloperLocation: Washington, DC [Remote]Duration: Long term contractlooking only independent candidate Roles and Responsibilities: At least 8 years of programming experience, with 5 years in latest .Net technologiesWorking with integration.