US BASED REMOTE /
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We seek an experienced engineering manager who will build, grow, and lead engineers at the “Core Services” team at Degreed.
The Core Services team is responsible for building the tools and products that empower the product teams to do their best work. You will be responsible for building a reliable, usable, and user-driven platform.
The goals of the Core Services team are to:
- Reduce friction in Degreed’s product development
- Identify, build and maintain common components for product teams to build upon
- Increase standardization across Degreed
- Lead by example in engineering quality
Some of the Core Services team projects are modernizing our stack to .NET Core and help with the migration towards a Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form a cohesive team capable of learning and growing.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and decisions that impact all of Degreed.
- Ensure your team’s success by removing roadblocks, addressing conflicts, and operating as its champion.
- Collaborate with peers to creatively solve problems and drive department-wide objectives.
- Promote and instill essential software engineering practices in your team.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers on technical details.
- 2+ years managing engineering teams.
- 5+ years software engineering experience developing web and API applications, with a preference for enterprise SaaS.
- The ability to be clear and persuasive in writing and person.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Experienced in organizing agile software teams to deliver high-quality software.
- You can attract great teammates and high-performing engineers.
- You excel at analyzing deep technical problems and coaching teams to the best solution.
- You operate with empathy and strive to cultivate a work environment that is both supportive and challenging.
- You are passionate about helping engineers develop new skills and advance their careers.
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges.
- Experienced working remotely.
- Experience migrating monolithic systems towards a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience building, operating and maintaining resilient, scalable distributed services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting