We are seeking a versatile Software Development Manager to develop cutting-edge software solutions to optimize our business operations. In this role, your duties will include supervising software developers of all levels, analyzing software performance and configuration systems, and managing the deployment and integration of new software.
We provide a comprehensive payment platform with a focus on nationwide toll management for commercial fleets of all shapes and sizes. With more than 14,00 customers and more than 678,000 deployed toll transponders in the United States and Canada, Bestpass ensures data accuracy, consolidates payments, delivers invaluable industry expertise, and saves its users time and money. As a Software Develoment Manager at Bestpass, you will be solving challenging problems that power more than 238,000 toll transactions daily, to the tune of $2.7 million toll volume daily. If you are excited about building a platform to support our rapid growth, let’s talk!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You have experience leading a team of high-performing engineers of various experience levels and skillsets, including managing and shipping cross-functional or multi-team projects.
- You enjoy collaborating with Product Management and stakeholders on the product discovery & delivery lifecycle, focused on iterative delivery and incrementally providing value.
- You are endlessly curious about the technologies your team works with and strive to keep your technical knowledge sharp — but you also feel comfortable knowing your greatest impact will be empowering teams and creating an environment that enables success.
- You place a tremendous value on good communication and appreciate async- and remote-friendly working practices.
- You are open minded and know that what works for one team does not necessarily work for another.
- You are effective in collaborating with peers both within your team and across the organization.
- Bonus: You have experience working with near shore and offshore development teams.
Bachelor’s degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a front-line software engineer. Bonus points if you have experience in the Microsoft/.NET/Azure ecosystem.
- Experience in building enterprise application & platforms on a high throughput SaaS product.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of Software Engineers.
- Work experience with relational databases, MS SQL Server preferred.
- Skilled in providing technical leadership and architectural guidance.
- Expertise in software development best practices.
- You are an Agile enthusiast and have demonstrated experience championing this organizational mindset.
- Experience in the Financial services/Banking domain is a plus
- Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions
- Drive innovation and customer advocacy. Be a positive change agent with a “can-do” attitude.
- Prior success in hiring, mentoring, and developing highly effective Software Engineers and building high performing teams
- Conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who loves to solve complex problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What you should know about us:
- We are laid back but buttoned up. We have a casual work environment with a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers.
- We work hard to deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
- We embrace quirkiness by openly accepting others as they are and building strong partnerships based on trust
- Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
- Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
Relax, we’ve got you covered…
- Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Stay hydrated and recharge with plenty of water, coffee and tea
- Financial wellness and employee discount programs
• •Health and wellness focused work environment - optional standing desks and office fitness challenges
• •Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
Grow with us…
- We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth.
- Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: