It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. We bring our whole selves to work and we’re driven to make a difference every day, from the work we do in our roles to the charitable endeavors we support. We believe in starting by listening, communicating with candor, fostering inclusion and owning the opportunity. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. Whether we’re wearing scrubs, jeans or our finest work-from-home chic, we have fun, work hard and make time to help others.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 100% score on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, making us one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ employees. We were also named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org and we publish an annual Diversity Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace and performing on various metrics. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is seeking software engineers to join our team of highly skilled cross-functional experts in implementing the healthcare platform of the future. In this role, you will work within a scrum team to build and maintain platforms that are the backbone of our business. Successful candidates will be self-driven, curious, team-oriented, humble, creative, and bring with them a strong aptitude for learning. Strong candidates will be comfortable working across the complete technology stack implemented using Microsoft technologies (.NET, SQL Server) and React.
We have multiple openings and at multiple levels.
Local candidates (Chicago, IL or Arlington, VA) are preferred for this role. We ask that candidates located outside of the Chicago or Arlington areas be willing to work the normal business hours that align with our local teams.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong attention to detail, analytical thinking, and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a globally distributed team of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience operating, monitoring, and maintaining software / application in production
Four or more years of experience with:
- Software and application development
- Microsoft & .NET Technologies - specifically .NET Core, C#, T-SQL
- Building scalable and performant RESTful APIs using ASP.NET
- Relational database development (preferably using SQL Server)
Two or more years of experience with techniques, frameworks, patterns and tools such as:
- Testing - XUnit, NUnit, MSTest
- Logging - NLog, log4net
- ORMs - Dapper, Entity Framework, NHibernate
- Design patterns & SOLID Principals
- Dependency Injection
- Onion Architecture
- SDLC in an Agile Scrum environment
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience breaking down legacy monolithic platforms
- Experience with microservices oriented development and methodologies
- Experience in configuring and using Azure PaaS offerings (e.g. App Services, Azure SQL Database, Azure Service Bus, Azure Config, etc.)
- Understanding ANSI X12, HL7, and other data formats
- Front end development using modern technologies - specifically React or other SPA Frameworks
- Experience with Caching technologies - specifically Redis
- Exposure to Big Data solutions - specifically the Elastic Stack
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: