DVx Ventures is developing a repeatable process to launch and scale transformational new companies. Our mission is to create a platform that purposefully builds companies that have a positive impact on consumers’ lives, help businesses thrive, and have a fundamentally favorable impact on our economy and society. This team has a proven full-stage track record of changing the velocity of company trajectories (thus DVx).
Curbee is reinventing how car care is delivered and experienced. Our services are designed to take the hassle and worry out of car ownership and keep our customers' vehicles running and looking great—without them ever having to leave their home or office.
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader with a successful track record of hiring and motivating great teams and building innovative products that delight customers, with speed, high quality and limited tech debt. We’re especially excited about experienced practitioners of continuous improvement and agile development.
Someone successful in this role will focus on delivering in the below key areas:
- Embed standard working practices and processes throughout the organization
- Develop strong relationships and a culture of accountability, quality, ownership and bias for action
- Create a strategy for managing/reducing technical debt while moving the business forward
- Focus on long term solutions / code that will last for the long term
- Help determine a strong resourcing strategy
This role will be a key member and contributor of the Curbee engineering team. You are a hands-on developer (player/coach), can thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working collaboratively with peers and other team members. Together, we will develop an insanely great product and innovative solution for our members.
This role can be remote with a strong preference for someone to work from the company’s base in the Bay Area. The role will be a huge part of the company's leadership team from Day 1 and will report directly to the CEO.
- Lead technology planning activities to align engineering priorities to business goals
Partner with the CEO and leadership team to define the product roadmap and set aggressive but achievable plans to deliver/ship, test/iterate and improve products and ultimately plan, deploy and manage newly developed features and solutions. Products include:
- Consumer web and mobile web solutions
- Admin web applications
- Tools and capabilities for our operating teams including scheduling, logistics, inventory management, refurbishment/maintenance, procurement/sourcing, etc.
- Other IT and infrastructure requirements including: business intelligence, finance, HR, etc.
- Third party integrations to support above product needs
Take full accountability for software quality, on-time delivery and dev ops/maintenance
- Create and foster a culture of innovation, code quality, ownership, initiative to deliver market-differentiating solutions.
- Design new products, modify existing designs, design for supportability, and develop testing designs and procedures
- Define and implement a process to deliver on-time, on-budget and on-quality
- Develop operational metrics and dashboards that provide visibility into how the engineering teams are performing
- Recruit, develop, manage and motivate a team of world class engineers, product managers and designers who contribute to all parts of the business where technology is needed.
- Effectively manage budgets to support software portfolio and P&L objectives
- Work with DVx platform team and other DVx portfolio companies’ engineering and product teams to leverage best practices/IP that can be reused and identify, generalize, and create product and engineering components for common use across DVx such as e-commerce hosting, data warehousing, BI infrastructure, CRM system, etc.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- 10-15+ plus years of successful engineering hands-on and leadership experience in dynamic fast-growth startups
Proficiency with at least some of the languages/frameworks and infrastructure currently being used:
- Front End: React, React Native,experience with front-end application development tools, including frameworks such as Node.js, NPM, and HTML5, SASS/LESS/CSS, Shopify/BigCommerce platforms, ...
- Back End: Java/Kotlin/Hibernate/AWS/SQL, Hibernate/JPA, Spring Boot, Domain Driven Design and functional programming
- Infrastructure and 3rd party integrations/platforms: Shopify, Stripe, Bold, AWS.
- Lean, enterprising, resourceful, results focused, and customer obsessed mindset
- Bias for “let’s do it”, while aspiring for an exceptional level of quality, scalability and repeatability.
- Prior management experience and advanced engineering degree preferred
- Experience with various ecommerce platforms and technology-enabled consumer solutions as well as operational excellence
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada URL: https://agencyanalytics.comWhat's the job and why is it so great?As an Engineering Manager, you'll quickly see your team's work in use by over 5000+ agencies, across 130,000+ businesses that use our platform. You'll.
Who are we?OutSystems is the leader in low-code application development. Our R&D develops the OutSystems Platform, a highly scalable platform that allows large companies to easily build complex applications by simplifying the software development process..
Job Title: Front-End EngineerLocation: RemoteWhy you’ll love RevegyRevegy is led by a team of industry experts and pioneers who are incredibly passionate about technology innovation, customer value, and sales transformation.Revegy puts the power of visualization.
HUB Zone residence is a requirement for this job.Please check if you qualify for this position at the link below.HUBZone Map (sba.gov) to confirm residence and indicate this in your application.This is a remote based, part time, about 10 hours per week.