Do our values speak to you?
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
We Focus on Four C’s
Commerce (the "E" kind in our case)
- A generous Zapponian discount program.
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
- Zappos pays 100% of every employee’s medical, dental, and vision.
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
- Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
- Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
We have a relentless focus to shape the experience to be fun and intuitive for Zappos customers. Our most valuable attributes are the people that make up the team. We embrace the Zappos core values so you should apply if you are not afraid to create a little fun and weirdness! We value diversity and want to make our team as inclusive as possible. We do this by building strong relationships through open and honest communication. We value people that are not afraid to take risks and quickly learn from mistakes.
Who We're Looking For
As Zapponians, we live to WOW our internal and external customers. The Manager of Software Engineering will lead a team of developers and project managers who are responsible for aiding with system design, functionality and usage success, and user experience to deliver against customer demands for the overall betterment of Zappos technologies. This position will manage and develop talent to ensure a culture of growth and progression, career development, and technical education is available and successful.
You will own and manage the lifestyle’s business planning in alignment with merchandising, inventory management, and finance leaders. You will act as a business owner for forecasting, planning, and delivering actionable insights within your team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Develop and drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards
- Hire, develop, and retain exceptional engineering talent
- Supporting teams to identify and build tools for managing cloud infrastructure, deploying and scaling applications, and ensuring they are a secure computing environment
Ensure software projects are integrated into Zappos.comsystems
- Lead teams focused on architecture/design initiatives
- Manage and develop direct reports, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices
- Partner with product owners, designers, and business stakeholders to build team’s roadmaps and gather specifications for projects
- Proactively ensure architecture deficiencies are fixed and/or larger projects are identified and proposed
- Facilitate a culture of feedback, communication and accountability
What You’ll need To Bring
- 5+ years professional experience in Software Development/Engineering with experience utilizing complex systems such as React, TypeScript, GIT, CSS and AWS.
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience working in a Scrum and/or Agile Methodologies.
- Experience in building large scale front end platforms handling large amounts of traffic.
- Experience leading remote teams preferred
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and frontend architecture skills
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Please limit to 2 applications.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada URL: https://agencyanalytics.comWhat's the job and why is it so great?As an Engineering Manager, you'll quickly see your team's work in use by over 5000+ agencies, across 130,000+ businesses that use our platform. You'll.
Who are we?OutSystems is the leader in low-code application development. Our R&D develops the OutSystems Platform, a highly scalable platform that allows large companies to easily build complex applications by simplifying the software development process..
Job Title: Front-End EngineerLocation: RemoteWhy you’ll love RevegyRevegy is led by a team of industry experts and pioneers who are incredibly passionate about technology innovation, customer value, and sales transformation.Revegy puts the power of visualization.
HUB Zone residence is a requirement for this job.Please check if you qualify for this position at the link below.HUBZone Map (sba.gov) to confirm residence and indicate this in your application.This is a remote based, part time, about 10 hours per week.