Frontend Software Engineer II
Location: New York, NY or Remote
About the Role:
The Frontend Software Engineer II will be a key member of our development team who is responsible for aspects of design, architecture and functionality, maintaining a large and sophisticated React code base, and ensuring reliability and performance in our UI.
We want someone who has demonstrated experience delivering a high-quality product on an impressive timeline, while simultaneously communicating and documenting trade-offs made along the way. The candidate who will be successful in this role will be an experienced engineer who is a great person to work alongside, eager to learn and adaptable to a quickly evolving business. In this role you will be reporting directly to our Head of Engineering and working alongside 15 other developers and 5 QA engineers.
To give you an idea of how our team works, we manage tasks in Jira, follow best practices for Git commits and pull requests, and eschew sprints in favor of Kanban. Our backend is written in Elixir (and uses Phoenix), which powers our React front-end via REST and websocket APIs. Postgres is our main data store, and all of this is deployed on AWS.
What you will do:
- Write code that is clear, well commented, and maintainable for years
- Manage API interactions with first- and third-party systems
- Help design systems that embody excellent engineering practices
- Work with 1-2 front-end developers plus 8-10 backend developers
- Write beautiful, secure, efficient frontend code to accomplish our core business needs
- Work with back-end programmers to design and consume API endpoints that are easy to use
- 3-10 years of frontend programming experience for web-based applications
- Solid understanding of underlying web technologies
- Knowledge of websockets, LivewView (via Phoenix), Webpack, Vite, and Storybook are nice but not required
- Aptitude to pick up a new language and frameworks, desired to continually improve your front-end craft
- Already know your way around git, and can work with agile and kanban
- Love solving problems, and strive to improve processes and workflows and make others lives easier
- Take pride in writing code that is well-tested and documented for maintainability
- Able to enter into and handle conflict with others in a humble, honest manner
- Can handle competing priorities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Are authorized to work in the U.S.
What we Offer:
- Competitive Base Compensation: $120,000 - $150,000 based on experience
- Stock Options: Offered on a four-year vesting schedule with a one-year cliff
- Growth Opportunity: Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Semsee team
- Our Culture: An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster stimulating, healthy, meaningful and long lasting work relationships.
- Hybrid Distributed Workplace: Offices in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Columbus, OH +Remote Team Members
- COVID Vaccination: Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to be in-office, travel and safely attend company funded events.
- Time Off: 4 weeks (20 Days) + 9 company observed holidays; Total 29 Days/Year
- Benefits: 70% Funded Medical/Vision/Dental; 100% Funded Life Insurance; 401k, Roth IRA; Generous 12 Weeks Paid Baby Bonding Leave, +more
We're a group of hard working, intellectually curious, and creative individuals disrupting the $120 Billion small commercial insurance industry. Why? Because we believe enabling small commercial businesses to obtain insurance coverage is a BIG deal.
Independent insurance agents have been hungry for a solution like our breakthrough marketplace platform and the nation's most established insurance carriers have a strong appetite for it as well.
We need to find the right people for the right roles to help our team keep up with the market demand that we have been among the first to tap into. Come join our rapidly growing team! We are well-funded by reputable investors including 01A, D.E. Shaw & Co, and Markel.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada URL: https://agencyanalytics.comWhat's the job and why is it so great?As an Engineering Manager, you'll quickly see your team's work in use by over 5000+ agencies, across 130,000+ businesses that use our platform. You'll.
Who are we?OutSystems is the leader in low-code application development. Our R&D develops the OutSystems Platform, a highly scalable platform that allows large companies to easily build complex applications by simplifying the software development process..
Job Title: Front-End EngineerLocation: RemoteWhy you’ll love RevegyRevegy is led by a team of industry experts and pioneers who are incredibly passionate about technology innovation, customer value, and sales transformation.Revegy puts the power of visualization.
HUB Zone residence is a requirement for this job.Please check if you qualify for this position at the link below.HUBZone Map (sba.gov) to confirm residence and indicate this in your application.This is a remote based, part time, about 10 hours per week.