Virbela envisions one world, achieving together. We bring our vision to life by offering virtual reality office experiences on desktop, mobile, and VR headsets. The technology enables companies to grow and scale without the costs associated with brick-and-mortar offices and hire the best talent in any region easily. Virbela bridges the gap between being in-office and working remotely by providing a natural way to collaborate and engage with colleagues.
FRAME (framevr.io) is a web-based, multi-user, 3D/VR collaboration platform which allows users to meet in various 3D environments for discussions, events, social gatherings, sharing ideas, presentations, and so much more. If this excites you, you may be a great fit for our team!
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with talented members of the front-end, back-end, and graphics teams to develop features for FRAME, as well as complementary FRAME-related applications such as UI dashboards and informational sites
- Utilize common development principles to create clean, well-documented, maintainable code
- Ensure features and products function properly across a wide array of platforms and devices such as desktop, mobile phones, tablets, and VR headsets
- Effectively test new features for issues and bugs
- Provide QA team with test guidelines for new features and products
- Utilize user and QA feedback to improve features and products
- Optimize applications for speed and efficiency
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Provide user/client support when necessary
- Provide expertise and support to various organization teams and projects
- Maintain and expand the knowledge base in the area of expertise, keep current on the latest technologies and trends
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in web application development
- Experience working with reactive front-end web frameworks such as Vue, React, Angular
- Experience working with UI/CSS frameworks such as Vuetify, Bootstrap, etc.
- Knowledge of common OOP concepts and design patterns
- Experience working with WebGL 3D Frameworks such as Babylon.js, Three.js, or A-Frame preferred
- Experience working with additional web APIs and protocols such as WebXR, WebRTC, WebAudio, WebSockets, Web Workers is preferred
- Experience working with third-party service APIs such as Firebase/Firestore, Cloudinary, Google Cloud Storage, payment gateways, etc.
- Experience working with common development management and communication tools such as Git, GitHub, Trello, Slack
- Experience with modular development
- Experience working with common development build tools and dependencies such as npm, Webpack, ESLint, Prettier
- Ability to test and debug web applications
- Understanding of key UX design principles
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a remote team environment
- Familiarity with graphics applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with 3D models and tools such as Blender is a plus
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada URL: https://agencyanalytics.comWhat's the job and why is it so great?As an Engineering Manager, you'll quickly see your team's work in use by over 5000+ agencies, across 130,000+ businesses that use our platform. You'll.
Who are we?OutSystems is the leader in low-code application development. Our R&D develops the OutSystems Platform, a highly scalable platform that allows large companies to easily build complex applications by simplifying the software development process..
Job Title: Front-End EngineerLocation: RemoteWhy you’ll love RevegyRevegy is led by a team of industry experts and pioneers who are incredibly passionate about technology innovation, customer value, and sales transformation.Revegy puts the power of visualization.
HUB Zone residence is a requirement for this job.Please check if you qualify for this position at the link below.HUBZone Map (sba.gov) to confirm residence and indicate this in your application.This is a remote based, part time, about 10 hours per week.