We're looking for a detail-oriented front-end web developer who is eager to learn and strives for high-quality, readable code. On a daily basis, you'll be building new WordPress sites and making updates and improvements to existing websites. This includes building and modifying themes, implementing plugins, performing cross-browser and UX testing, and coordinating with our team throughout projects. You must be an exceptional communicator, highly organized, and eager to learn about and implement new and ever-changing technologies.
At Anchour, we build unforgettable brands and digital experiences that drive business results. Based in Maine, we support clients both locally and nationally in a range of industries including consumer goods, hospitality, financial services, healthcare, and professional services. Our partnerships typically involve strategy, branding, website design, development, copywriting, and full-service digital marketing.
Anchour is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you're parenting the next generation of change-makers, we believe that we produce our best work when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
Objectives & responsibilities:
As a Front-end Web Developer, you will be responsible for making small and medium-sized updates to a wide portfolio of websites, and assisting or leading new website builds. You'll work with our design, digital, and development teams to write the quality code for the task at hand.
What We'd Like To See:
Our goal is to build a team made up of people who have diverse strengths and backgrounds. We want to hear from you about what your skills are today, how you'd like to learn and grow in the future, and how you can add to our team. That said, we're looking for professionals with the following.
- Solid fundamentals in writing responsive HTML and CSS. You know how to take a mockup and make it work well on mobile and desktop platforms effectively.
- Ability to find the simplest solution possible – less is more!
- Understanding of how WordPress works, and an ability to build a website theme using a starter theme.
- Experience with the command line and being able to navigate through a project and run basic commands to run build tools, install plugins, etc.
- Experience with integrating React or Vue as part of a larger website experience and Flux architecture (e.g. Redux, Vuex, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Webpack and related tooling.
- Experience with building WordPress plugins or extending existing plugins through the use of filters and actions.
- Experience with Shopify theming and using the Liquid templating language.
- Experience with TailwindCSS.
What You'll Get:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- 401(k) with company match.
- 9+ paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Paid parental leave.
- Work from home office equipment allowance.
- Opportunity to work fully remotely or from our newly renovated office in Lewiston, Maine.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Senior Site Reliability EngineerType: Full TimeMin. Experience: ExperiencedCognosos provides an innovative IoT solution that equips enterprises with the real-time location and tracking intelligence needed to boost utilization of assets and accelerate.
How you will helpYou will own and be responsible for developing key components of our overall system that enables our customers to bring new insights to their own businesses. You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or.
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide.
Are you interested in joining a mission-driven, well capitalized company where you have your pick of projects to work on with no legacy tech debt or bureaucracy?This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting healthcare technology.
Friendbuy is reinventing the oldest marketing channel ever known: word-of-mouth. While technology has completely transformed the commerce landscape, the process of discovering new brands from your friends has largely remained the same since the dawn.