What you'd be doing:
- Build, lead, and grow remote-native, high-performance teams of engineers that consistently release quality software to our customers.
- You will work closely with Product Managers, Senior Engineers, QA and your Engineering Manager peers. This includes identifying requirements, scoping, setting priorities and communicating status.
- For your direct teams(s), foster an environment where your engineers can be successful by:
- Setting clear expectations and proactively identify and clear roadblocks for the team
- Coaching and mentor by giving regular, honest and constructive feedback
- Contributing to their career development, setting goals to ensure growth and engagement.
- Your primary focus is delivering via your team, but technical skills are always valued and your contributions may include design, documentation, code reviews, and triaging.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience as an Engineering Manager or Team Lead, with the ability to build a team, develop people, and influence cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience as a software engineer working in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to encourage a culture of safety, trust and transparency.
- The verbal skills to spark debate, solicit input, and share those ideas in verbal and written forms.
- Experience developing a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
Ideal candidates also have:
- Experience in Insurtech or Fintech environments.
- Since some teams are full-stack, familiarity with backend technologies such as Java or Go would be advantageous
Software at SageSure:
- Originally founded as a software and analytics business, SageSure’s proprietary technology has always been a key source of competitive advantage. We offer agents and policyholders best-in-class, modern capabilities to quote and bind insurance, service policies and submit and track claims. We operate a microservices-based SaaS platform and conduct a substantial share of our business through our API. Our software product, engineering and operations teams set the bar for talent in our industry. We work remotely from numerous states across the country and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join us.
- We are continually innovating with modern tools and technologies, and we welcome new perspectives. An ideal candidate will have a passion for some of our key technologies (React, Java, GraphQL) and advocate pragmatic industry practices around availability, scalability, security, and automation. A cloud-based infrastructure, continuous integration and delivery, and a quality first approach helps us to better deliver software. A metrics-driven mindset has become part of our DNA and helps us make data-driven decisions. If you have interests across these domains, we want to help grow and foster them.
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! A Best Places to Work in Insurance Recipient for two years in a row (2020-2021), SageSure is a managing general underwriter leader and insurance technology innovator serving disaster-prone areas. That means we sell insurance through our proprietary technology platform in places other insurance companies won’t do business. Our success in delivering coverage in America’s most challenging markets is the result of our strategic focus to understand and adequately price risk. We offer 50+ products in 14 states, serving over 400,000 policyholders while managing more than $800 million in written premium. We have nine office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country.
SageSure is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Senior Site Reliability EngineerType: Full TimeMin. Experience: ExperiencedCognosos provides an innovative IoT solution that equips enterprises with the real-time location and tracking intelligence needed to boost utilization of assets and accelerate.
How you will helpYou will own and be responsible for developing key components of our overall system that enables our customers to bring new insights to their own businesses. You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or.
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide.
Are you interested in joining a mission-driven, well capitalized company where you have your pick of projects to work on with no legacy tech debt or bureaucracy?This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting healthcare technology.
Friendbuy is reinventing the oldest marketing channel ever known: word-of-mouth. While technology has completely transformed the commerce landscape, the process of discovering new brands from your friends has largely remained the same since the dawn.
More jobs by this company
We are looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join our growing team of Data experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional.
SageSure is looking for a skilled Software Architect to design and build solutions for our sales, servicing, and claims teams. You will also be making architectural decisions that impact both your squad and the entire Software Product organization. You'll.
As a member of the Developer Experience team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining platform tools and frameworks to be used by engineering and quality teams throughout the organization. You will play a key role in determining how to.