The IT Manager is responsible for managing overall business technology and providing solutions for technology-related issues, for both internal and client-facing IT. This will include collaboration with business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of business needs and strategy, identify priorities, define scope and recommend solutions that enable the client to achieve its goals. This role is responsible for managing a team of leads, engineers, and architects that are primarily responsible for development and support of Front End and Back End Enterprise Solutions.
- Accountable for the technical vision and architectural design of a solution that aligns with the business and creative vision.
- Translates business vision and creative vision into technical specifications for developers.
- Act as a shepherd to resolve and provide technical clarifications from Client IT side, Internal issues of coding and technical design.
- Advise PM of Technical staffing estimates
- Define and document technical deliverable formats and set expectations with Client and FROM development teams
- Creates technical vision for the project
- Establish high-level budget estimate for technology
- Creates technical approach and development scope
- Conduct vendor selection as needed
- Determine expected roles and responsibilities and skills needed for implementation and where client will play certain roles
- Provide mitigation strategy for client issues and risks to Project Managers
- Schedule and create associated documents for sprint planning meetings
- Determine which tasks are going to be part of the current sprint and which are going to be postponed to the next sprint, based on the backlog priority and resource availability
- Setup Kanban / Scrum boards in JIRA (depending on the project characteristics)
- Lead the sprint planning meeting
- Organize and lead daily scrums
- Record and remove roadblocks from team and help facilitate project progress
- Manage sprint scope through task boards (weekly report of how many new items created, resolved, burn down charts)
- Schedule and run the sprint retrospective meeting
- Work with client for go live and deployment practices
- Knowledge of AWS and Rackspace cloud capabilities
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Information Management Systems is preferred
- 6+ years of experience in leading technology teams
- Experience in and success with Agile software development methodologies, especially Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), and specifically designing and developing service interfaces using REST and to a lesser degree, SOAP
- Experience in, and preference for, developing software in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with developing iOS and Android Apps
- Experience with front end technologies and front-end development practices
- Good knowledge of database technologies like SQL Server, MySQL , MongoDB,
- Experience with LAMP Stack
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Senior Site Reliability EngineerType: Full TimeMin. Experience: ExperiencedCognosos provides an innovative IoT solution that equips enterprises with the real-time location and tracking intelligence needed to boost utilization of assets and accelerate.
How you will helpYou will own and be responsible for developing key components of our overall system that enables our customers to bring new insights to their own businesses. You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or.
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide.
Are you interested in joining a mission-driven, well capitalized company where you have your pick of projects to work on with no legacy tech debt or bureaucracy?This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting healthcare technology.