SportsRecruits is the platform that provides clubs, student-athletes and their families access to every college coach in the country. Club and high school organizations use our platform to empower their student-athletes in the recruiting process and oversee their efforts and communication with complete transparency. Connections made on the platform have resulted in commitments to the best academic and athletic institutions across the country.
SportsRecruits is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and equal opportunity on our team. Just like the student-athletes we support, we are trying to get better and stronger as a team everyday. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We truly believe that the more inclusive our team is, the better we can serve all student-athletes, as well as their families and coaches, who are pursuing their dreams.
About the Team
We are a product development team full of fun, intelligent, happy, and hardworking engineers, designers and product managers distributed across the United States. We are profitable, funded and giving more high school athletes the ability to play college athletics than any other recruiting tool out there. Your input and coding/problem solving skills will make a direct impact in how we scale and grow the company.
About the Position
This role will guide the front-end development for all client-facing digital products including websites, mobile apps, and other software efforts.
This position will be reporting to the Director of Product Engineering. This is a remote role on a remote team working across the United States. If you are located in NYC, you will have the option to go into our downtown Manhattan Wework office if you choose to.
You will contribute to solving complex problems that will make our platform even better at connecting thousands of student athletes and college programs. Some interesting projects we’ve recently worked on are:
- In-browser video clipping and editing for making highlight reels
- Robust player search and matching for college coaches
- React-native based hybrid iOS/Android app for recruiting events scheduling
- Tools for partner events to import rosters of athletes with built-in column mapping, de-duping and validation rules to automatically merge duplicate user data
- Several years as a professional software developer with experience in 2+ languages
- Experience in one or more modern frontend frameworks (e.g. Vue, React, Angular)
- Stack alignment isn’t a requirement, but you have the ability to learn and adapt to our tech stack: Vue / Laravel
- Built high-quality, performant, maintainable software incrementally and pragmatically
- Used context-appropriate automated testing to inform software design choices and increase confidence in deliverables and refactoring
- Debugged, tested, and refactored pre-existing code to incrementally improve it
- Understands cross-browser issues and debugging
- Passionate about good design and usability
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tailwind CSS and/or utility based CSS Frameworks
- Familiar with with SEO optimizations and analytics tools
- Familiar/involved with open source projects and workflows
- Advanced knowledge of Flexbox, CSS Grid, and CSS3 animations. You’ve pushed the boundaries of SVG and Canvas animations and you’re often figuring out how the fancy animated effect you stumbled onto works
- Have experience with CLI tooling. You’ve set up build processes to compile various front end projects
- Mentored and shared knowledge with colleagues, adapted to suggestions, made thoughtful recommendations to your team, and worked collaboratively
- Independent, self-motivated, inquisitive
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Growth-oriented mindset: consistently learning and experimenting with new ideas, techniques, and paradigms; seeks out feedback
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Unlimited PTO through our “Personal Responsibility Vacation Policy”
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Start to finish project ownership
- Travel to NYC a few times per year for team building events
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Company DescriptionWhen you join Renaissance®️, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—cre
SiteZeus is hiring a Junior Front-End Developer to help us create new features for our expanding platforms, implement the latest web architecture, and create stunning user experiences.Who we areSiteZeus is a location intelligence company based out of.
Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking Front-End Software Engineers to join our SecureWatch team. This role can be performed remotely within the United States.In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of.
Looking to join a fast-growing, cutting-edge technology company serving customers nationwide? Look no further! TownNews, the premier internet hosting provider for newspapers, seeks a seasoned Frontend Software Engineer to join our team in East Moline,.
About the Front-end Developer positiontheta. is looking for a passionate, different-thinking Front-end Developer looking to be of service to the public good who will be responsible for building the 'client-side' of web applications for our clients. Your.