Front-End Web Developer
When you join VineBrook Homes, LLC. you join a diverse and growing team of talented professionals who are changing the property management industry. VineBrook is an internally managed real estate company specializing in acquiring, renovating, and leasing single family homes. We take a different approach, focusing on affordability and value for our residents. VineBrook has built a culture of people committed to ensuring a world class resident experience. We are united around a desire for excellence and innovation. Unified by our mission, we are developers, creators, designers, managers, technicians, and most importantly leaders. Each of us is a trailblazer with a tremendous opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of our valuable residents. Since our commencement in 2007, we have quickly become one of the largest providers of quality rental homes.
Are you a versatile Web Developer ready to create resilient and responsive services on the back end and front end? Are you enthusiastic about bringing a deep passion to internal and external facing web assets? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and innovative work environment and eager to guide a thriving team of developers? We want to meet you.
VineBrook Homes is searching for a full-stack developer to incorporate more data and greater utility for our end user which requires flexibility in our web application software architecture. As the Front-End Web Developer, you will use the latest technologies, databases, and UI/UX design strategies to deliver an end user experience that promotes sustainable customer self-service.
This position will be part of our technology team which enjoys a flexible work from home environment, a strong 401k plan with employer match up to 5%, and more great perks. We prefer candidates who live and work within the great cities in which our company has operations including Cincinnati, St. Louis, Columbus, Augusta, and others throughout the mid-west and southeastern US but it is not required.
The Perfect Candidate
You are an agile developer who vigilantly challenges yourself and others to come up with better solutions. You are a self-starter with the ability to rapidly refactor/modernize to the latest patterns and trends. You will have a passion for coding using the web, APPs, IoT, databases, and UI/UX design strategies to deliver self-service user experiences. You create value and have a positive impact on the direction of your team and company by building the most reliable, extensible, and scalable platform available for business operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write code in backend technologies PHP, CakePHP, and more
- Write code in backend databases including SQL Server and MySQL
- Develop web page layout using CSS and supporting frameworks
- Participates in organizations Source Control system (GitHub)
- Create Web Services using RESTful APIs
- Testing and debugging web applications and code
- Maintain websites by performing updates, fixing issues and changing code as needed
- Assist in the design and definition of new features for web applications
- Maintain knowledge in emerging best practices, tools and standards
- Communicate technical information effectively to other team members
- Have the ability and the want to take an unfamiliar technology and pick it up quickly
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside other IT team members including developers, project managers, and business analysts
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of development processes
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer programing or other relevant discipline
- Strong working knowledge using Bootstrap.js, JQuery, Asp.net, Model View Controller
- Strong background in SQL databases including SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services required
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic programs helpful
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Property Management, Construction, or Real Estate experience helpful but not required
- Experience with guided user experiences in consumer workflows like mortgages, investing, banking, insurance, and other financial services-oriented businesses helpful but not required
- Interest/Experience in IoT, AI, ML, etc. helpful but not required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to 10%, as needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Wilmington, DE URL: https://kanopi.comDescription This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada ABOUT THE JOBAs a Drupal Front-End Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads;.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://circle.soCircle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions,.
Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist $160000 - $200000 / year About the Company We're Arcules: an innovative, bold member of the Canon family. We move fast, operate on trust, and value our employees. Our engineering team is passionate about.