As a Senior Front-End Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy cross-functional Scrum team responsible for making sure the client interface of our web applications works properly and smoothly. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are responsive, robust and easy to maintain using best user interface development practices in the industry today coordinating with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are building high performing teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by continuously releasing quality software with an intuitive user interface and sophisticated design. Key expectations of this role include a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product along with a curiosity about new digital technologies which aspire to combine usability with visual design.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create responsive websites per design guidelines and information architecture optimizing application and integrating with application business layer for maximum performance and scalability
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders including UX designers and full stack engineers to deliver the business vision with a delightful user experience adhering to UI architectural standards and best practices
- Establish and enforce best practices and standards for front-end development including performance, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Build reusable code and UI pattern libraries for use across multiple applications
- Lead or assist in technical initiatives related to UI development
- Actively participate in all Scrum ceremonies and activities including pair programming, peer code review, testing, estimation, and planning with a constant focus on continuous improvement
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Hands-on experience working as a Front-End Engineer
- Experience with at least one modern JS front-end framework (ReactJS, KnockoutJS, AngularJS, Bootstrap) with a preference for ReactJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, dynamic partial page updates and approaches to optimize web performance
- Experience working with Services Oriented Architecture, Web services, API Integration, Restful Services, and microservices
- Proficient understanding of UI unit testing requirements including cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with code linters (eslint)
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong trouble shooting skills
Nice to Have Skills
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles
- Experience developing a reusable UI/UX Component library
- Experience with NodeJS, npm scripting
- Basic knowledge of .NET and C# on the Microsoft technology stack
- Basic understanding of object-oriented design principles (patterns, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D.)
- Working experience with SQL, Sybase, Nginx, Redis
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with Containerization, Docker & Kubernetes
The national average salary range for this role is $62k-151k in base pay, exclusive of any bonuses and benefits. This base salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salary offered will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, performance, and internal pay alignment. We do not anticipate that candidates hired will begin at the top of the range however, from time to time, it may occur on a case-by-case basis. Other rewards and benefits may include: 401(k) match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid-Time-Off, etc. For more information, please visit careers.ascensus.com/#Benefits.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Wilmington, DE URL: https://kanopi.comDescription This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada ABOUT THE JOBAs a Drupal Front-End Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads;.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://circle.soCircle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions,.
Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist $160000 - $200000 / year About the Company We're Arcules: an innovative, bold member of the Canon family. We move fast, operate on trust, and value our employees. Our engineering team is passionate about.