Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience. Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineers are members of our product teams, responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Software Test Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, they are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
They also work closely with DevOps, DBAs and Systems Engineers to make deployments easier to improve team velocity and overall quality of delivery. They design, develop and contribute to some of the most important functionality happening in the product category, and also mentor, coach and empower technical team members while still taking a very active role in developing solutions.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
During the first six months, you will:
Understand customer needs and business goals.
- Often act as a technical lead for features or epics and complete features or epics where the approach is loosely defined and requires technical & design discovery prior to implementation
- Advocate for best practices and a healthy balance of tech debt versus delivery
- Actively mentor/coach less-experienced team members
- Ensure code is flexible, reusable, extensible performant, and high quality through feedback on code reviews
- Decompose outcomes into solutions composed of multiple software components interacting with each other
- Understand and consider technical dependencies
- Provide feedback via decision-making frameworks for proposed changes from across the org
- Work within the scope of a team and participate in driving cross-team collaboration
- Build something that you are proud of
- Learn something that you are excited about
- Do the best work of your career so far
- Find innovative ways to increase the quality and velocity of your work
- Exercise creativity and solve cool problems
- Demonstrate passion for writing quality software
- Contribute to a shared code base
- Demonstrate software quality through unit and integration test automation
- Strengthen your team by sharing your knowledge and interests with others
- Build relationships and communicate with various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Analyze and spearhead improvements to the systems and software that are important to your team
- Manage risks, escalate priorities and help to resolve issues that could impact production quality
Extensive experience with React (e.g. Code-Splitting, Lazy Loading, Suspense, Error Boundaries, etc.)
- UI State Management (React Redux), Bundling Optimization, Component/Design System, Performance Optimization
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- Must be well versed with Systems Architecture and developer tools
- Experience with unit testing and integration test automation
- Must be adaptable to change and have a willingness to learn
- Must have a strong sense of curiosity
- Must commit to their role and take responsibility for their tasks
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
Nice to have:
- Webpack 5 / Module Federation
- Amazon Web Services offerings such as Lamdas, EC2s, ECS/EKS, Fargate, SQS/SNS, Cloud Formation, etc...
- Building and deploying RESTful APIs
- WebSockets, preferably SignalR
- Mongo DB / NoSQL database experience
- Queuing architecture experience
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $84,487 - $182,372/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Wilmington, DE URL: https://kanopi.comDescription This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada ABOUT THE JOBAs a Drupal Front-End Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads;.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://circle.soCircle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions,.
Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist $160000 - $200000 / year About the Company We're Arcules: an innovative, bold member of the Canon family. We move fast, operate on trust, and value our employees. Our engineering team is passionate about.