Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is on the hunt for a creative Front-End Developer to join our fast-paced engineering team. The ideal candidate is versatile, team-oriented and thrives on change. If you are ready to be challenged and want the unique opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the country, we want you to apply!
***This position is 100% remote.
What you will be doing
- Designing and developing software architecture.
- Designing and optimizing Vue components for best reusability.
- Managing separation of concerns between Vue components and client side services.
- Developing tests for Vue components and client side services.
- Working with our API team to design and develop request / response contracts.
- Optimizing UI and UX design and performance.
- Convert an existing proof of concept code base to modern tech stacks. Specifically migrating a jQuery product features into Vue stack.
What you bring to the table
- At least 3 years of experience or portfolio of work to demonstrate expertise at a Senior level.
- Must be self-motivated, professional and pay close attention to detail.
- Understand of back-end principles and best practices for interfacing with API’s.
- Familiarity with following technologies: Typescript, GraphQL, NPM, D3.
- Thorough understanding of asynchronous mechanisms used in modern web development (Promises, Observables, etc).
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects.
- Knowledge of optimization best practices including but not limited to caching strategies, state management strategies, XHR wrangling.
- Experience with responsive design and development.
- Experience in test development with Jest or similar technologies
- Exposure to Vue or similar framework.
- Familiarity with web trends and best practices for UX/UI design.
- Comfortable learning new technology as required.
- Experience refactoring antiquated code bases and unwinding / debugging complex and sometimes convoluted code from existing projects
- An excellent start-up work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities.
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team take time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford Vehicles
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Wilmington, DE URL: https://kanopi.comDescription This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada ABOUT THE JOBAs a Drupal Front-End Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads;.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://circle.soCircle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions,.
Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist $160000 - $200000 / year About the Company We're Arcules: an innovative, bold member of the Canon family. We move fast, operate on trust, and value our employees. Our engineering team is passionate about.