Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is looking for a Sr. Software Developer to help build a software-defined networking (SDN) solution utilizing Lumen's Global network. This individual will help define, implement, and support software solutions as well as collaborate across teams to implement the solutions. This position is part of a fast-paced agile environment and requires the individual to adapt well to change. Enabling a digital experience for customers is a critical part of the business which will lead to the continued success of Lumen.
The Main Responsibilities
- Partners with Technology personnel to develop creative technology solutions in support of meeting client expectations
- Collaborates with multiple teams of developers to implement project specifications, providing workflow support and technical guidance to less experienced team members
- Estimates timeline for assigned projects and ensure that work is completed with the estimate given
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of short and long-term technology plans and related policies and procedures
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams, team members, and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver solutions
- Designs, modifies, debugs, and develops software solutions
- Develop and execute unit and integration tests for software solutions
- Ability to apply engineering logic to solve technical business problems
- Ability to adapt and work in a changing fast-paced environment
- Think outside the box in resolving business challenges
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and/or experience preferred
- Experience working within a full technology stack in software engineering (data, back-end, middleware, and front end)
- Backend: Java, Python
- Database: MongoDB, MySQL
- Spring Boot, Git, Eclipse
- XML/JSON, YANG, YAML
- Web development (HTTP/HTTPS, REST, Micro Services)
- CD/CI: Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Experience using AWS, Azure, and Google cloud platforms
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Object-oriented software development
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to troubleshoot the complex environment
- Experience using JIRA, Rally, and/or Trello
- Basic experience with networking (TCP/IP)
- Experience working in a telecom environment
- Experience with automated front-end testing (Selenium, Cypress)
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 312611
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Wilmington, DE URL: https://kanopi.comDescription This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada ABOUT THE JOBAs a Drupal Front-End Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads;.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://circle.soCircle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions,.
Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist $160000 - $200000 / year About the Company We're Arcules: an innovative, bold member of the Canon family. We move fast, operate on trust, and value our employees. Our engineering team is passionate about.