- Carbon Mapper is seeking an experienced front-end software engineer with strong UI/UX design and development experience to support the implementation of our Data Platform.
- This engineer will work with our team to deliver elegant user workflows, beautiful design patterns and an intuitive user experience.
- The ideal candidate would have experience with graphics design, prototyping, and development of Single Page Applications.
- 5+ years of experience working in web application development.
- 3+ years of experience with React.js and Node.js.
- Demonstrable experience in graphic design and UI design.
- In-depth knowledge of Document Object Model.
- Experience with build and deployment automation.
- Some familiarity with Python and Bash.
- Understanding of network protocols, MVC and client/server architecture.
- Experience working and communicating directly with clients on projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Geospatial data visualization experience (GIS, MapboxGL, Leaflet, D3.js).
- Figma, Gatsby.js.
- A passion for climate change action.
About Carbon Mapper:
Carbon Mapper is a non-profit organization with a public-good mission to detect, pinpoint, quantify and track 80% of the world’s methane and carbon dioxide (CO2) point source emissions. Our mission is to aid in the acceleration of climate mitigation efforts globally at the scale of individual facilities. The Carbon Mapper public-private partnership includes Planet Labs, Inc., the California Air Resources Board, the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL). Carbon Mapper uses advanced imaging spectroscopy remote sensing on satellites and airborne assets to detect and analyze methane and carbon dioxide emissions around the world and provide information data products to inform decision makers as well as the general public. As part of its public education and research support activities, Carbon Mapper will provide a global open data portal, including a data trust and a website offering rapid visualization and interpretation for both expert and non-expert audiences. Carbon Mapper also supports advances in science algorithms, machine learning, and big data for remote sensing through multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source development, and geospatial analytics.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Wilmington, DE URL: https://kanopi.comDescription This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada ABOUT THE JOBAs a Drupal Front-End Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads;.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://circle.soCircle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions,.
Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist $160000 - $200000 / year About the Company We're Arcules: an innovative, bold member of the Canon family. We move fast, operate on trust, and value our employees. Our engineering team is passionate about.