We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join the Brand Studio and collaborate closely on our new design and brand systems. In this role, you will be responsible for developing brand identities, art direction, illustration style, and various branded experiences for GitHub’s developer, enterprise, and student audiences. You’ll work to translate new visual identities into effective campaigns, sites, and branded themes. Collaboration is the key to GitHub’s success, and you will work closely with other designers, project managers, engineers, and marketing team stakeholders to propose design solutions and ensure a successful outcome.
- Partner with the Design leaders to establish a vision for the future of GitHub’s brand and visual strategy
- Partner closely with product designers and product managers to develop patterns, illustrations, iconography, and other graphic assets based on our product “gravity wells” (social coding, developer cloud, productivity)
- Provide regular, direct, and impactful feedback in design reviews with your teammates to ensure high-quality execution and continuously up-level the team’s design output
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the business need and translate goals into effective designs
- Use, contribute to, and evolve GitHub's design system and brand guidelines to ensure consistency across our web properties, campaigns, and presentations
- Produce thumbnails, sketches, and prototypes to present a concept to stakeholders and gather feedback to improve your designs
- Actively mentor fellow designers, helping them grow their skills and design process
- Proven experience developing brand identity systems
- A portfolio that demonstrates masterful understanding and application of layout, color, and typography
- A strong body of marketing and/or product design work that tell a compelling and consistent story about a product, business, or initiative
- Proven ability to present your designs to senior leadership, communicate the reasoning behind your work, and translate feedback into an updated proposal
- Experience both working within established design systems as well as evolving them with consideration for the platform’s future.
- Experience collaborating closely with non-designers and bringing design thinking and processes to a wider team or organization
- Experience in fast-paced environments and an ability to estimate, balance, and adhere to complex timelines
- Ability to work in an autonomous, remote-friendly environment where communication and collaboration are frequently asynchronous and in writing.
- Experience in data-driven design and testing.
- Experience contributing to and/or maintaining a front-end design system or style guide.
- Familiarity with Jekyll, GitHub Pages, other static web tools to build websites.
- Experience with Git and GitHub workflows
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: