Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that’s working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you’ll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up—and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
At Liberty Mutual, our mission is to make people feel secure and cared for—including our employees. In line with our commitment to helping people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow, we provide an environment aimed at supporting you, championing you and helping you turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
About the Job:
The Data Insights squad is dedicated to surfacing valuable insights for our customers in Global Digital Services, along with Liberty Mutual as a whole. We deliver value through front end applications and API's. We are looking for a full-stack software engineer that is dedicated to producing high quality data products, continuous learning, and working in a supportive and agile team environment.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you’re a:
- Collaborative partner: Working side-by-side with business colleagues and interacting with customers, you’ll address their technical challenges and ensure quality through partnering test- and behavior-driven development
- Problem solver: Complex problems often require innovative, creative approaches—and you’ll work to come up with outside-the-box solutions to solve them
- Customer-centric developer: You understand who we’re here to serve and the products you develop will keep the end-user front and center
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn’t enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you’ll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in React and NodeJS
- Experience in API development with Apigee and Swagger
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Familiarity with UX/UI development principles
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architecture, and technical standards
- Strong oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment utilizing Scrum
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: