We're based in Eugene, Oregon, but are open to remote candidates in U.S. time zones who can be highly collaborative while remote.
We’re a growing company looking for people who exemplify our values: appreciate one another, succeed together, strive for balance, seek to improve, and immerse yourself in users’ needs and goals. Our work environment is flexible and personal, offering excellent work-life balance and an ever-improving benefits package, and our inclusive team is working to build an increasingly equitable workplace. We’re excited by the opportunity to have you grow with us!
We’re looking for an experienced UI Designer to join our established design team, where you’ll call on your insight and expertise regarding how users interpret interfaces to deliver inclusive and predictable interactions. You’ll craft visual guidelines, designs, illustrations, and micro-interactions that support intuitive, appealing, delightful user experiences.
Along the way, you’ll collaborate with fellow UI designers, a content strategist, accessibility specialist, and accomplished UX designers, front-end developers, and engineers — and help to shape the future of our work processes.
You’ll help us insightfully meet the needs of our clients and their users by:
- Enhancing brands by translating them into custom digital experiences for web and mobile applications
- Considering accessibility, usability, and web standards across all devices, for any input mechanism
- Executing and extending a dynamic creative vision into intuitive interactions and delightful experiences.
- Building design systems and UI kits that describe design intention and increase understanding and reusability.
- Collaborating with team members to develop software that fully realizes design intention.
- Establishing original artwork, illustrations, micro-interactions, and motion design in service of the user experience.
- Presenting your work directly to clients with the support of the team.
Skillset and Mindset
All the while you’ll demonstrate your ability to:
- Apply design and critical thinking skills to loosely defined client requests.
- Advocate for a good experience and design around complexity so users don’t see or interact with it.
- Inherit and improve on UX deliverables while working around and respecting technical constraints.
- Make use of common patterns in web-based and mobile applications and adapt or extend them where necessary.
- Demonstrate typographical skill and an understanding of information hierarchy in custom designs.
- Create holistic, inclusive, and predictable designs that enhance the core experience.
- Understand and employ modular design principles.
- Adapt typical UI deliverables to meet the needs of teams you are supporting.
- Iterate rapidly on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage details and communicate them clearly and directly.
- Make use of our design and prototyping tools, including Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Support development and quality assurance during implementation.
About Concentric Sky
Founded in 2005, Concentric Sky has a dedicated staff of more than 70, and we’ve delivered more than 300 custom enterprise software products, mobile applications, and websites. We have exceptional domain knowledge in education, particularly digital badging and skills-aligned workforce development. We design software for the future, looking for opportunities to apply machine learning and advanced data technologies.
In addition to working on numerous client projects at any given time, we also develop our own Badgr (info.badgr.com). The Badgr SaaS ecosystem is one of the most widely used micro-credentialing platforms in the world, trusted by over 12,000 organizations spanning 100 countries.
We’ve also worked extensively on open standards development, including as lead developer of the Open Badges 2.0 Specification on behalf of the MacArthur Foundation and as a lead contributor at W3C, IEEE, and IMS Global.
Compensation and Benefits
We’ll work with you to establish mutually agreeable compensation that reflects your skills and experience, the job market, and other factors.
We support generously flexible work schedules and great work-life balance, and we have an operations team devoted to keeping us happy and comfortable — and when in the office, well fed.
We continually improve employee benefits, currently offering paid time off including parental leave; excellent health, dental, and vision insurance; employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance; a 401k plan; and an FSA plan, including annual employer contribution.
If you want an excellent opportunity to put your skills to work, learn some new ones, and be part of a team that values you, send us your resume and portfolio. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Concentric Sky, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: