Trellis is a full-service eCommerce agency with a single focus: make commerce simple. We help growth-focused brands succeed through design, development, and performance-based marketing services. As an award-winning, remote-first organization with headquarters in Boston, we’ve had the pleasure of helping some leading brands succeed in the world of eCommerce, including Formlabs, TB12 Sports, FOCO, Casabella, and many others.
Our Shopify Front-End Engineers help build and maintain interactive eCommerce stores for our clients and their customers. They work with our Project Managers and other engineers to deliver quality websites on the Shopify platform. They bring their platform expertise to solve challenging client challenges on a daily basis.
We’re looking for individuals who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace processes and organization, are detail-oriented, and enjoy using data to inform their decision-making.
Below are some of the core responsibilities our Shopify Front-End Engineers have:
- Properly submits pull requests with code fulfilling a ticket's acceptance criteria.
- Communicates any blockers, progress, and statuses regarding a ticket.
- Uses best practices regarding accessibility, site performance, & SEO.
- Uses HTML, CSS, JS, and liquid to create Shopify web elements matching client-approved designs and functionality.
- Creates test cases for completed work to pass on to QA.
Below are some of the relevant experiences that would make someone a good fit for this role:
- Has done liquid template development on 3 or more prior projects and can submit a small portfolio of recent work and/or a code sample as proof.
- Knowledgeable of modern CSS concepts such as Grid CSS and Flexbox. Experience with Vue.js or React.js is a plus.
- Has an understanding of web standards and accessibility
- Experienced in integrating external web services, such as SOAP, REST, or Graph QL APIs, is recommended.
- Comfortable using software development management tools like the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) or a similar set of applications.
- Familiarity with using Git to create branches and push new code changes and can create pull requests for the technical lead to code review.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of following through with deadlines and keeping on top of new tasks.
While no specific certifications are required for this role, any Shopify Developer Certifications would be a plus.
Below are some of the tools that our Shopify Front-End Engineers use regularly:
- Shopify Admin
- Communications & Productivity
Working at Trellis
Trellis is a fast-growing, self-funded eCommerce agency and already one of North East’s leading firms. While our headquarters are just outside of Boston, over 2/3 of our team is distributed across the US and internationally. We’re a remote-first organization with work/life balance at our core that provides a range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company-Paid Laptop and Home Office Equipment
- 15 Days Flexible PTO + Earned Seniority
- 20 Days Additional PTO for Parental Leave
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Donation Matching Program
- Education and Professional Development Bonuses
- Performance-Based Bonuses
While we’re over 60 people, we structure our teams into smaller ‘Squads,’ providing an opportunity to build deep connections with colleagues and longer-term relationships with our clients. We aim to provide an inclusive environment that encourages a diverse group of voices to contribute to our company. This is often in the form of employee-led “Lunch & Learns”, employee-driven special interest groups, paired mentorship, and transparent career advancement policies. All of these initiatives are built on our Core Principles:
- Be a Source of Honesty: Communicate transparently and act honestly with our clients, teammates, and community.
- Engage with Problem Solvers: Recruit and retain high-quality creative and technical employees that love solving problems and are empowered to do fantastic work.
- Support Growth: Encourage and support the growth of our clients and teammates, even when we’ve made mistakes.
- Demonstrate through Results: Use results as the ultimate way to sell our ideas and capabilities.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: