We're Tovala, a food-tech company completely reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and food, we give our customers a way to enjoy really good, good-for-you meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. We've amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following in just three years, radically changing the day-to-day lives of people across the country and successfully creating a new model for the food industry. We're looking for great people to join our team of hard-working, food-loving nerds.
The Operations Tech team builds internal software solutions that enable our food operations team to scale efficiently while delivering 100% of our meals safely to our customers. As part of the Operations Tech group, you will be part of a cross-functional team contributing to the development of a robust and reliable suite of mission critical software tools that help run our food operations across the country and solve a set of challenging problems ranging from optimizing resource and equipment planning, providing real-time data to help coordinate daily food production workflows, and automating raw materials procurement.. Requirements:
How you’ll spend your time at Tovala:
- Collaborating with members of the Food Operations team (chefs, engineers, product owners, warehouse operators, and everyone in between) to deeply understand the pain points and build software to eliminate those pain points
Architect, plan, and help build intuitive front-end solutions to solve complex problems and get our food through every step of our operations process efficiently and safely. This may include:
- Front-end applications for creating and planning menus for our R&D culinary team
- User interfaces for mobile tablets used directly in our production kitchens where our production chefs cook and prepare meals
- Front-end applications for our shipping and receiving teams as they ship boxes to our customers and receive raw materials.
- Producing high quality code and helping to define best practices and coding standards
- Helping demonstrate common best practices to all of Tovala’s front-end teams through regular knowledge sharing meetings.
- You have a 4-year degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field)
- You have 5+ years of experience architecting and building complex software solutions
- You have extensive experience building responsive applications with React, Redux, HTML, CSS, and modern browser technologies. Bonus if you have experience with Typescript
- You are comfortable building intuitive UIs without help from a design or UX team
- You have experience working with RESTful APIs
- You have strong communication and project management skills from collaborating with people across different teams and functional areas
- You are a champion for writing good tests and testable code
- You emphasize functionality over aesthetics when working with internal customers
- You are very comfortable finding the balance between architecting the perfect solution and moving fast to prove out a solution. You can articulate and help advocate for both options when the time is right
- You are empathetic and a strong team player and enjoy working with engineers of all levels. You enjoy mentoring junior engineers
- You want to work in an environment that: takes a people-first approach, values humility, integrity, and ambition, and focuses on creating a culture that keeps people happy and challenged
- You love food, whether that means cooking it, eating it, frequently pressing your nose against deli windows, or lusting after soft-serve on Instagram. All fair game.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: