Apollo Neuroscience’s debut product, Apollo Neuro, is a wearable that helps people manage their stress more effectively by delivering novel touch therapy (felt as gentle waves of vibration) that stimulates the “rest and digest” parasympathetic nervous response and restores balance to the body. Our mission at Apollo Neuroscience is to empower people to take control of their health.
We’re in a unique position to both help people understand their own mental and physical health better while simultaneously using that information to offer them direct therapeutic help through our revolutionary device.
Our website is built on Shopify Plus, and we’re looking for a self-motivated Front-end Web Developer that’s passionate about architecting and building fast, performant, and scalable front-end frameworks. You’ll be working with our Design, Marketing, and Executive teams to define and execute all web development projects, creating an excellent experience for people visiting our website.
This will be a full-time, remote role as a member of the Product Team and reports to the Director of Product. Apollo Neuroscience is based in Pittsburgh, PA and San Francisco, CA.
- Work with the design team to develop, release, and maintain high-quality front-end code for our website with usability and performance as your main driving force.
- Strategize and execute on ways to improve our web development process, which will include refactoring or improving old/redundant systems, implementing new features/libraries/apps/integrations, improving processes, gaining consensus among other codebase contributors, following and enacting collaborative practices around both front-end needs (what our users see), and workflow needs (how we build what our users see).
- Work with the Product and Project Management teams to scope new functionality requests.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- A desire to improve people’s lives through technology and wellness
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working with live Shopify platforms. This should include building & maintaining custom themes, as well as integrating with theme customization schemas in order to give non-technical team members the ability to safely update the site.
- 2+ years working with modern technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- An online portfolio with Shopify development examples
- Knowledge of Shopify Ajax API, as well as experience configuring third-party apps
- Superb troubleshooting and debugging skills
- An ability to balance design needs and technical feasibility, including the ability to call out issues early on and find consensus on the best way forward
- An understanding of writing performant front-end code, and a passion for optimizing systems for performance
- Ability to sometimes work on broad, loosely defined concepts, and sometimes on well-planned, narrowly defined features
- Ability to explain your work, process, and decisions
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative in an environment where things can change quickly
- A strong sense of curiosity, a proven ability to learn fast, and a love for learning in general
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: