As a Developer Relations Engineer, you’ll help LaunchDarkly deliver a best-in-class developer experience by developing content including tutorials, code samples, demo applications, and prototypes / proofs of concept. You’ll be responsible for all stages of content development, from proposing topics, crafting the narrative, implementing examples and use cases, and working with our marketing teams to deliver to multiple channels. You’ll be a founding member of our Ecosystem team, which reports to the CTO.
This role is remote-friendly, and does not have travel requirements.
Who You Are:
You are a a skilled writer and a competent developer. You have experience in modern software delivery techniques, and have experience working within a software team. You are interested in many technologies, and can pick up new languages and skills rapidly. You have some experience and comfort with front-end, back-end and dev ops / infrastructure technologies. You may not be able to write production-quality code in every stack, but you can read a language tutorial and quickly put together a “Hello, World” application and have a basic understanding of the language ecosystem and tooling.
- Write technical articles, tutorials, and blog posts about feature management, feature flagging, experimentation, and continuous delivery.
- Craft and maintain sample code/demos/experiences/tutorials that other developers can use to validate a use case or integrate LaunchDarkly into their stack.
- Coordinate with our marketing teams to maximize the impact of your work.
- Become a product expert- learn the product, and keep up to date with new features and roadmap.
- Advocate for developer needs and experience, ensuring that community feedback is heard and brought to the product development organization.
- Maintain our brand voice across your work
- 4+ years of writing experience in a technical setting
- Firsthand knowledge of DevOps, modern software development, and the software development space.
- Self-starter attitude, empathetic, and motivated to build and improve cross-functional relationships
- Deadline driven - has excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects/priorities in a fast-paced environment
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: