Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Join our pit crew as a Staff Engineer on our quickly growing distributed engineering team for technical leadership of multiple, parallel, high profile projects. In this Staff position, you will be responsible for building, owning, and shipping products as well as for understanding the whole picture, resolving dependencies, and encouraging cross-team collaboration. You will also be responsible for overseeing the architecture across multiple feature teams, driving teams to adhere to Vroom's architecture guidelines and best practices
Job Description Responsibilities:
- Consistently delivering high quality code and leading by example
- Facilitate discussions that encourage healthy discussion about technology
- Develop efficient and reusable UI components within our Design System
- Able to collaborate with stakeholders across Vroom
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Vocal in meetings and code reviews but also be respectful of people’s opinions
- You are self-aware, willing and open to learning from everyone
- Mentor and lead by example, you are able, willing, and happy to support your team
- You’re curious, keeping your skills sharp and pushing our tech stack forward using well tested and reliable technologies
- You push the needle forward for the team to increase code quality, code maintainability, and team productivity.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals and good knowledge of various design patterns such as MVVM, MVP, etc.
- Familiar with CSS preprocessors, webpack, JSX, and NextJS
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab
- Experience working in an environment that values TDD and other quality best practices
- Experience working with AWS and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) infrastructure
- Experience developing applications using a micro frontend architecture leveraging micro services.
- Experience with implementing secure web applications following industry standards
- Experience with measuring and benchmarking performance
- Experience with rendering techniques such as CSR, SSR, and SSG
- Experience with authentication, like OAuth 2.0
- Experience with adaptive design on multiple browsers
- Experience with UI testing
- Actively involved in the open source community and contributes to any open source frameworks in the web development ecosystem
Nice to Have:
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work!
We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies here.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting