Allara is on a mission to fix the healthcare experience for the millions of women living with chronic conditions, starting with a care management platform for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). We're addressing the broken patient experience for the 1 in 10 women with PCOS by providing a mix of medical and lifestyle interventions all in a convenient online platform.
Allara is led by an experienced women’s healthcare founder and backed by leading venture capital firms, including Global Founders Capital and Great Oaks, and marquee angel investors and industry advisors that include the founders of Away and ZocDoc.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join as one of our first hires. As we iterate on our MVP, you will have the opportunity to drive the vision and own the build behind our digital experience. You’ll have the support of an experienced technical advisor, familiar with the digital health space, a Head of Product, and an external team to work with.
The ideal candidate is as passionate about solving real health challenges through technology. They are well versed in building proof of concepts from scratch and taking these POCs to production and scale. The right fit will have the engineering experience to build and iterate quickly and is comfortable working with product and design to set the technical strategy and roadmap.
- This role is for someone who is excited about the early stage - you’ll be responsible for turning the platform vision into reality through smart, efficient building and testing.
- Translate the product roadmap into engineering requirements and own the engineering roadmap.
- Work with limited resources to test and learn as efficiently as possible, while laying the framework to build a more scalable product over time.
- Collaborate with product, design, and external engineering teammates as needed.
- Strong individual contributor who can work with minimal guidance.
- Expertise with modern web development frameworks: Frontend (React), Backend (Django, Node, Rails, or similar).
- Strong preference for individuals with experience in regulated industries including healthcare, financial services, or similar.
- Experience with product analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Mode, etc).
- Comfortable making Build vs. Buy decisions.
- Experience deploying & monitoring web applications on cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Can be remote (company is based in NYC)
- Competitive compensation package
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: