Foreground is a platform of products that connects families and individuals with world-class photographers. The Foreground family of brands helps photographers and photo consumers create memories that last a lifetime by giving them access to tremendous software, professional services, supportive education and high quality photo products and custom gifts.
As a Foreground brand, Collage makes the creation of custom products easy for everyone, by providing superior software and excellent customer service. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more.
We are 100% Remote
As a 100% remote company, we are set up to provide the best possible environment for engineering. The less time developers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. We pass almost all of The Joel Test (fix only high-priority bugs before writing new code), use continuous deployment (code goes straight to production after each merge), and are in the process of adopting mobx-state-tree with React. Strong engineering is a key part of our business strategy - it lets us build best-in-class design tools faster than our larger competitors.
We are seeking an ambitious and nice senior front-end engineer who shares our passion for building a great software company. This is a unique opportunity to have a major impact on our engineering team’s growth (we are about ten strong right now) by helping us continually raise the bar. You will be expected to collaborate with other engineers to solve complex technical problems and push us to deliver higher quality code at an ever-increasing rate. We firmly believe in the power of solid architecture, code design, and simplicity over brute force, which is why we do our best to hire 10x senior engineers. If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with other great engineers, then we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
Plan and lead testing for complex projects.
Review code and mentor other engineers.
Provide time estimates and participate in agile development.
Review specifications and work with PMs to implement lean methodology.
- Practical experience with MV* architecture (such as Backbone, Vue, React + Redux/Mobx, etc.), unidirectional data flow, and minimal class/object interfaces
- Spatial/geometric reasoning ability - for rendering, animation, and image manipulation
- Ability to quickly understand and work with unfamiliar complex code
- Proactive and clear communication is essential for this remote work position
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, and 401K with 4% company match
- A culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance including a flexible PTO plan
- This position is 100% remote and you can work from anywhere (subject to legal review)
The Interview Process
The goal of our interview process is to identify people who will be a good fit for our company and are talented, ambitious engineers. Because you will be working remotely, all of our interviews are done remotely.
During the interview process, you will:
Speak to a member of our talent acquisition team which will be mostly an experience and values/culture fit assessment
- Speak with a Senior/Lead engineer
- Complete a more complex technical challenge that is intended to emulate your actual work environment
- Speak with our VP of engineering and other executives
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: