iFactory was founded in the mid-1990s and is located in Boston, MA. We are a bunch of fun and curious people who are passionate about the mission of our clients and we are always striving to find the best solutions for them. Our mission is to sustain a diverse team of dedicated experts who create the highest caliber of interactive solutions for our clients and their users.
Front End Developer (Open Source)
Do you like getting your hands dirty in a variety of web projects? Do you enjoy the satisfaction of working on a range of projects, and solving technical puzzles quickly? If you are a versatile developer who has a passion for building clean, accessible websites using popular CMSs, we want to meet you.
At iFactory, you will join a team of friendly and talented experts in web design, web development, information architecture, user experience, and strategy. You will work on projects for leading clients in higher education, publishing, non-profit, and healthcare. Some of our developers work in our open office in downtown Boston; some of our developers work out of our office in Maine. We are open to developers working remotely. We have a top-notch project management team, weekly company lunches, excellent benefits, good work-life balance, and a flat organizational model—all of which make it easy to come in and code.
- Develop the front end for sites in Drupal and possibly other content management systems.
- Prototype responsive designs, animations, and other interactive moments.
- Collaborate with designers to create great experiences.
- Communicate with clients and team members about best practices for building efficient, extensible, standards-based websites.
- PHP / MySQL
- Fluid responsive design
- Performance optimization
- Accessibility (Section 508, WCAG 2.0)
- Web standards
- Version Control (we use git)
- Performance optimization
- Front end frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap)
- Sass / Less
- Other CMS Platforms
- Can write clean, organized code
- Ability to explain approaches
- Good sense of technical judgment
- Problem solver
- An eye for clean design
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Agency experience a plus
- 2+ years as a web developer in a professional setting
Please send resume and at least 3 code samples.
We are only considering candidates who are available to work on-site occasionally. iFactory/RDW Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: