Have you built and scaled successful software engineering teams? Are you comfortable getting into the code, developing mobile clients, and interfacing with a backend team? Have you always wanted your work to have a positive societal impact? If so, this Engineering Manager opportunity may be ideal for you!
Possible Finance is a Series C fintech start-up with a mission to provide financial fairness to underbanked individuals. Through our app, we provide access to cash and the opportunity to build or repair credit—two critical ways in which we help our customers toward financial freedom.
Now in our fourth year, Possible has a talented team of 80+ in the US, Latam, and Asia; our business is healthy (300% revenue growth year over year); customers love the app (4.8 and 4.7 ratings on iOS and Android, respectively); and we've served over a quarter-million customers and counting. It's an exciting time at Possible. We're making a real difference at such a difficult time for many.
We continue to invest in and add to our feature set, app functionality, and new products for our platform. To further fuel our growth, we need a highly experienced and capable Engineering Manager to help scale the engineering organization. This role will support our expanding Front-end team and report to the CTO.
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- A Bachelor's in CS, Math, or Physics
- 5+ years of engineering leadership experience managing both people and projects building customer-facing software applications
- A track record of influencing and delivering projects with company-level impact and priority
- Working knowledge in best coding practices (specifically in Typescript, React & React Native )
- This role will be responsible for:
- Supporting software quality and establishing, maintaining, and enforcing software quality standards. This includes:
- Ensuring code readability, code constituency, and code conformity
- Ensuring code test coverage
- Driving system documentation
- Reinforcing construction and architectural patterns
Supporting product development, collaborating with other Engineering Managers to bring new features to life while maintaining the system. This includes:
- Owning resource allocation and team member assignments
- Coordinating infrastructure and technical debt burn down projects with Product Management
- Supporting the team to build and maintain products that meet high-quality standards. This includes:
- Shipping product
- Maintaining and participating in the code review process
- Assisting in engineering solutions and design reviews
- Leading and developing the team. This includes:
- Setting team vision, mission, and strategy and the positive impact for customers
- Mentoring engineers to successfully progress in their professional journey
- Unblocking and resolve issues that prevent team members from achieving objectives
- Defining OKRs, implementing an execution plan, and shepherding the team to deliver results
- Building a healthy and engaging team culture that provides a fun and rewarding work environment for our talented engineers
Possible Finance is a fast-growing, series B, distributed, Fin-tech startup. We believe financial health is something all Americans deserve, not just the affluent. We're committed to empowering you with the tools to better your economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for creating positive change.
Remote work is OK. We ask for synchronous work to match 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Pacific Time Zone hours. This role is open in the USA only.
Benefits: For USA Based employees
Joining a series B company does not mean you will sacrifice on benefits. We offer the opportunity to work with smart and collaborative team members who have a passion to bring financial fairness to underserved communities. Also, we have excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits and pay 85% of the employees' premium and 50% of eligible dependents. We also have a Dependent care and regular FSA (Flexible Spending Account), life, disability (short and long term), and an Employee Assistant Program. Plus a 401K.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting