Corsica Technologies develops its own custom software to improve operational efficiency, drive client engagement and satisfaction, support sales efforts, improve security, and assist with our own and our clients' digital transformation efforts. The Front-End Developer draws upon his/her experience and expertise to design, develop, and maintain the front-end user interface portions of these software solutions.
The Front-End Developer will be an active participant in the software development team on assigned projects. This includes the following:
- Contribute to the definition of development processes and standards.
- Research possible approaches to meeting technical requirements.
- Make technology selection and design recommendations.
- Promote innovation and learning on the team.
- Outline code and system designs.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Write code.
- Test and review code.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Deploy code.
- Maintain and improve code quality.
Some of this work may be done individually, but it will all be performed in a collaborative environment as part of a cross-functional project team, including, as appropriate, other Software Developers, Designers, Business Analysts and Product Managers.
Competencies and Qualities
- Effective communication
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently or with a team
- Pushes tasks to completion
- Empathizes with software users
Education, Experience, and Certifications
The following list is not intended to be a specific list of hard requirements, but rather gives examples of the types of experience that would make someone a good fit for this position:
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a software developer or equivalent
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks (e.g. React, VueJS, Angular, etc)
- Understanding of interacting with REST APIs/GraphQL, databases concepts, and version control (GIT)
This role has no supervisory responsibility.
The majority of work will be performed in a climate-controlled office, home office or other suitable setting.
Occasional overnight travel may be required.
The position requires using a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, during business hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: