Bring our front-end apps to the next level of performance and reader experience
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer astate-of-the-art digital publishingandanalyticsSaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Our front-end applications are used by millions of readers every month. We help leading newspapers includingThe Times,Le MondeandOuest-Francegrow their subscription and reader revenues.
We are looking for a Front-end Tech Leadwhowill lead the developments ofthe current and next generation of our mobile apps in React Native,with also modules in native iOS and Android. Reporting to our Head of Software Engineering, you will be a key person in our software engineering team.
Your target results
- Apps of highest standard of performance and quality
- Best industry practive in agile software development
- Increased adoption of CI/CD and devops practices
Take ownership of all front-end applications and their CI/CD pipelines:
- Engineer, design and estimate solutions for new feature requests together with product team
- Review pull requests to ensure high quality and maintainable solutions
- Coach the front-end team and elevate their technical skills
- Implement new features and buildpixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs that match designs.
- Integrate only where needed third-party API’sand SDK's, while keeping complexity and external dependencies as low as possible
- Write unit and integration testsand make sure other team members do the same
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes
- Follow-up new evolutions of technology and take initiative to keep the stack up to date
- You bring proven experience working on large, complex systems with high quality and uptime requirements
- You have demonstrated ownershipover your work and that of your team
- You identify with the values and goals of Twipeand our clients
- You dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make
- You have a growth mindset and a strong can-do attitude
- You have a forensic attention to detail
- You are a true team player.
- You are a good listener and have strong communication skills.
- You have a strong work ethic, you have a strong “can do” attitude, like to get things done and are willing to go the extra mile
- You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
- You have a Growth Mindset. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
We're looking forcandidates who are willing to learn and take on new challenges, have demonstrated ability to roll up their sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team.
- 4+ years of professional software development experiencein front-end
- Experience with reviewing pull requests of colleagues and improve their technical capability
- Experience with JS is a must
- Experience with React JS or React Native is a plus
- Experience with libraries/frameworks such as Redux, Redux-saga…
- Experience with Swift, Objective C,Kotlin is a strong plus
- Experience with common software engineering practices such as OO-development, common design patterns, unit testing, secure coding practices (OWASP), writing clean and neat code and documentation…
- Knowledge of common technologies such as REST web services, OAuth, JSON, XML, SQL…
- Experience with agile software development
- Master’s degree in computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: