Come join our development team and work on new exciting projects! Position reports to our Newark, OH headquarters, but work can generally be done remotely. Our team is small - so you'll get to work on various projects and interact at all levels within the company .
Our first project is the development of an online portal we can use to communicate with our clients and interface with our other systems. You would be in on the ground floor of designing and implementing the app from scratch, so if you have a strong sense of design and you like to code at all levels of a project, we'd love to talk to you!
The primary function of the Front-end Developer is to develop new software applications and update and modify existing applications. The Front-end Developer works with their supervisor and team to develop and maintain novel applications.
What you will do:
- Help design, prototype and build brand new applications for web, mobile and desktop along with our development team. You'll be a part of building new things.
- Implement new technologies and help with supporting users in using the product you helped design.
- Provide expertise regarding products around our company and help to improve our designs or efficiency on a variety of platforms.
- Maintain and develop documentation for our new products, both for back-end development and for end-users.
- Stay up to date with modern technology standards, and you will be given time to make that happen.
- Help us create our development team – your perspective and experience on application development best practices will factor into how the whole team will run.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who we’re looking for:
- Excited to Innovate: We want someone who is excited to build something new and be part of the next chapter of our company. That drive to innovate should make you self-motivated to find ideal solutions to any problems.
- Puts Users First: We are building these new platforms with a few goals but our biggest one is our clients’ experience with each mortgage transaction. We want people who are willing to put the customer’s experience first when designing.
- A Designer: This is a new app – and we need someone with a clear sense of design who wants to make beautiful modern apps. You should have experience with building applications based on your own designs, and we will want to see what you have made in the past.
- A Team Member: You will be working with a team and expected to communicate openly and frequently. You should be empathetic and understanding of your fellow team members, but also to others in the company, no matter their technical expertise.
- Either work experience or educational experience with developing APIs as well as implementing APIs from third parties in your applications
- Either work experience or educational experience with developing new applications using modern stacks. We must see a history of completed projects and will require a portfolio of your work.
- A degree in Computer Science or user interface design (minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent is required)
- Experience in Hybrid Mobile Application development (i.e. Flutter or React) or Native Mobile Application development
- Mortgage Industry knowledge – all products we design will involve what we do, so it helps to understand mortgages and our industry in general. Any experience with ICE Technologies’ mortgage platform, Encompass, is a big plus.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills including communication of technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff at all levels.
- Analytical skills and proven ability to work with users to understand their requirements.
- Ability to review, learn, and implement new technology in a working environment to increase business and improve communication.
- Fundamental understanding of project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to self-direct, use tact, use diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Exceptional attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Desire to develop/increase knowledge of mortgage industry technology software and platforms.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: