Excel Impact, named one of the nation’s fastest growing companies 3-years running, has a Front End Developer opening for our engineering team!
You can be a part of our industry-leading team, who are working to simplify and transform how people navigate the insurance buying process.
We are looking for a rock solid Front End Developer to help accelerate and improve our development team. You will bring your development skills and expertise to help shape the company's success by building and improving our user-facing websites.
We place a high value on creating a talented team, and because of that, we make sure to offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, remote environment, generous time-off policy, and an environment of results-oriented self-sufficiency.
Excel Impact was founded to solve two key issues:
- Purchasing insurance is too confusing for the average person to easily navigate and understand
- The insurance companies can’t efficiently connect with a person searching for a product or solution they offer
The solution? A best-in-class, award-winning marketplace that connects the companies and the solutions they offer with people who are searching for a better insurance experience. Our proprietary ImpactNavigation® platform technology utilizes machine learning, data science, and intelligent-marketing to guide & match interested customers with their best-match insurance solutions.
What will you do?
- Co-create scalable web applications with other engineers through active participation in an agile development process, using PHP, Wordpress, HTML5, CSS3, ES6, Webpack, etc.
- Participate in defining and implementing technical direction for the development of the company's web properties
- Independently propose and create solutions
- Perform or review systems analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging and documentation to ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and well-performant
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others
- Effectively diagnose issues and provide prompt resolutions
- Develop solutions that work on all browsers, all the time
- Deploy code changes to different testing and production environments
- Help introduce enhancements to the product in a proactive fashion
- Assist in back-end, API integration and development
What are the requirements?
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time front end development
- Ability to undertake projects from ideation to deployment without direct oversight, formalizing processes and best practices along the way.
- Ability to innovate and inspire others to innovate.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly with enthusiasm.
- Attention to details and passion for quality
- Strong team working skills; good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills. Ability to self-manage.
- Experience developing cloud-native software solutions.
- Bonus: Experience with automated testing is strongly desired.
- Bonus: Experience with development using Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
What do we offer you?
- Competitive base salary
- Health care, dental & vision benefits
- Sizable yearly bonus structure
- Over 1-month cumulative time-off with vacation and personal days
- Remote team culture with strong work/life balance taken seriously.
- A form of equity that can provide substantial monetary payouts based on future events
- Incredible growth and upward mobility opportunities
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Work directly with multiple areas of the company to innovate, create, and make an impact in what you do.
- You are the ‘CEO’ of your own position – you are encouraged and trusted to make decisions in your area of expertise.
Excel Impact was founded on 2013 by three partners looking to change the world of insurance for the better. Through hard-work, an incredible team, and smart execution, we’ve experienced consistent 3-year growth rates between 450% - 11,369%, and have been recognized multiple times one of the fastest growing companies in the United States by INC 500, Deloitte Fast 500, Ernst & Young, among other organizations. We have over 1 million active users on our sites per month, and we are committed to simplifying the world of insurance for everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity, have a desire to be a part of something BIG while sharpening your skills with the latest and greatest tech, and you’re ready to join one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States – then we look forward to hearing from YOU!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Experience level: Mid-levelHello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?We're looking for a Front End Engineer (Mid 5+years of experience needed) to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our clients build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals.
WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers for both 2020 and 2021, is seeking hardworking, like-minded individuals to help us disrupt personal finance and make a tangible difference in people's everyday lives. We're lo
At Southleft, our specialty is front-end design & development. We have a track record of implementing large-scale front-end architecture and design updates for high-profile websites with complex and heavy content needs. The quality of our code is exceptional, our sites are li
Eventfinity is an all in one event management platform focused on providing tech and digital interactivity for remote events and conferences. We specialize in event-based technology that successfully provides and improves upon the value and experience of a live or virtual event.E
PMC: Senior Software Engineer, Projects TeamWe’re looking for an experienced software engineer to serve as the technical lead for various projects. This position reports to the Director of Engineering, and works across all PMC brands including Billboard, ARTnews, Variety, W
Remote WordPress DeveloperAbout the OpportunityWebsite: https://www.emaginehealth.com/Corporate site: https://www.emagine.com/emagineHealth is seeking an experienced WordPress Developer to join our growing team. The right candidate will not only love WordPress and web development
Â :WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB //The Front-End Developer works directly with the digital team designers and programmers, assisting in any development-based duties. As a key contributor towards the developmental and functional success of client campaigns, the Front-End Develope