Eventfinity is an all in one event management platform focused on providing tech and digital interactivity for remote events and conferences. We specialize in event-based technology that successfully provides and improves upon the value and experience of a live or virtual event.
This is not a traditional front end role -- the majority of work will be editing content in an existing structure/template and implementing creative solutions with JS and CSS to accommodate client requests for customization. Experience working with a legacy codebase and existing within the confines of that environment is helpful.
The Eventfinity platform powers virtual events (e.g. agendas, video players, attendee directories, networking, chat rooms), as well as badge printing and the mobile apps for in-person events. Front end developer responsibilities include working with project managers, clients, and design team to bring events to life on the front end by editing plug-ins and client facing app code, strategizing around ways to use existing functionality to achieve client requests, or writing custom CSS and JS to manipulate the current CMS functionalities and customize platform functionality. Candidates should have an eye for design and be well versed in JS / jQuery, CSS, and HTML.
Although the main focus of this role is almost entirely on the front-end side, there is always the possibility of growth, so knowledge of Vue, PHP and Laravel is considered an important plus in order to facilitate communication between the front-end team and the back-end programmers who manage the development of the Eventfinity platform.
- Experience utilizing Bootstrap framework
- Experience building mobile-first, responsive web pages and solid understanding of cross browser/device responsive development
- Background in design / having a good eye for design is a huge plus
- Experience working within a CMS (like WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify, Weebly, etc)
- Experience theming content within an existing platform / CMS; able to build a theme from the ground up, able to skin or build a simple plugin, able to use a code editor to build complex JS that will work within the platform; able to create readable and concise CSS
- Good understanding of ADA/WCAG compliance for an accessible web
- Experience debugging in the browser
- Understanding semantic structure and best JS / CSS practices to maintain optimization (understanding of caching/minification, image optimization, etc.)
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills, able to form productive working relationships while working remotely
- Ability to manage time and expectations while juggling multiple projects with different teams
- Excels under pressure and working with hard deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Job is remote. Headquarters are located in New York, NY.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- HTML5: 2 years (Preferred)
- CSS3: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEEventbrite is a global self-service ticketing platform for live experiences that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Our mission is to bring the world together through live experiences. In this role,
About KnotchAs the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the p
Who we areOptimile is an international software as a service (SaaS) company, providing a range of applications in the field of mobility. Optimile has developed a cloud based platform that takes a Charging as a Service (CaaS) and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) approach in order to c
Hi!My wife and I started an agency a little while back now and we've steadily increased our workload to the point where we need highly skilled developers.What is the job? Your job will be to assist on Full WordPress Builds and Fix It Jobs. We are looking, specifically, for develo
Expert Media delivers powerful media solutions for small to medium-sized businesses all around the country.We're looking for an entry-level web developer. This position would be part-time (around 30 hours per week) to start, with the opportunity to move into full-time. We are a c
Senior Front-end Developer, Wordpress - Work From Home This is a 100% Remote position. US based employees only. Prefer Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone. Ideal candidates must be a self-starter, who can work independently but also work well as a team. This is a high growth o
If/Then, a digital media solutions agency based in Atlanta, is looking for a Front-End Web Developer with Computer Science, Digital Media, and front-end development expertise to join its team immediately.The Web Developer will focus on the development of HTML5 compliant frontend.
Senior WordPress DeveloperWe are looking for a highly skilled developer that has experience in building websites using the WordPress and Netlify CMS framework. Candidates should have experience dealing with standard and custom theme development, plugin selection, plugin developme