America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned front-end developer responsible for leading our next.js/react based application efforts by building and maintaining applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of ES6, Node, and React experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate loves to continuously learn and apply new technology to interesting challenges.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable React code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work closely with QA, Product, Marketing, and Design team members to iteratively improve upon key aspects of our business
- Good understanding of the syntax of ES6, Node, and React along with their nuances
- Solid understanding of Styled Components
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Strong background in working with APIs both as the client and the service
- Experience with popular front end web application frameworks
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex. Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, remote team environment (we spend a lot of time on Google Meet/Hangouts and Slack screen sharing)
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, NGINX, Heroku, and Algolia
We are a largely remote team that also leaves the door open at our beautiful space in the Seaport District, should you be looking for a change in workplace scenery.
Hard work and a love for your craft are paired with:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance
- Strong mostly-remote engineering team with lots of experience and tenure at ATK
- An open mind towards new and emerging technologies
- A lot of free cookbooks
- Not to mention, an impressive collection of custom slack emojis
Why America’s Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
ATK considers the safety of its employees and the community a top priority. As part of this commitment, ATK requires all new and existing employees who will be on site or who will engage in any work-related travel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they obtain prior approval for an accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief, or are otherwise exempt from this requirement due to applicable state or local law. Qualified candidates who are offered the opportunity to join ATK will be required to comply with this policy and will be asked to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the first day of work.
Individuals who need additional information concerning ATK’s vaccination policy or its process for requesting an accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department at HRadmin@americastestkitchen.com.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
Overview:Four Winds Interactive seeks a Front-End Software Developer to work with the Software Development team. This position will work with members of development, QA, Product Management and UX to design and develop enterprise software for the FWI product suite. The Software De
The Veloz Group is hiring a Junior Frontend Software Engineer to provide frontend development for a variety of technology ventures. Reporting directly to our CTO, Vice Presidents and Lead Software Engineers, Frontend developers will work with Veloz leadership and engineering team
Who We AreBranch Cut believes that the Internet needs more products designed for humans.We've started with TableRaven (https://tableraven.com), a gaming assistant for tabletop role-playing games. Our belief is that the web has opened a significant number of opportunities for savi
More jobs by this company
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned Front-End developer responsible for building and maintaining ATK's existing web-based applications. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on di
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned front-end developer responsible for helping to lead our next.js/react based application efforts by building and maintaining applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop t