Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. + =
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 6000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our growth exceeded 200% in 2020, so we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020 to double our global team and to accelerate our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants.
About the Automations engineering team
- The team's primary function is the automation of the customer support process. We enable merchants to configure rules for auto-responses, organize tagging rules and set up intelligent auto-replies for the end-users eCommerce needs. We also provide tools to make support agents more efficient, like macros and phrase prediction.
- There are currently 2 machine learning engineers in the team, two full-stack engineers, 1 senior full-stack engineer, and the engineering manager.
What ongoing projects is the team working on?
- Complex rules - this is a UI-intensive feature where merchants can create complex trigger-action rules.
- Smart Auto Responses - these are additional capabilities of the rules system and are blocked by a paywall.
- Macros - these are canned responses for replying to frequent customer queries. A merchant can create their own macros.
- Phrase prediction - when agents reply manually to end-users, they are assisted by a specialized phrase prediction solution.
What you will do
- Work on developing features that fall under the Automations portfolio from Gorgias.
- Work mainly on the front end experience of merchants and their end-users
- Build high quality, reusable front-end code, using React with Redux, Typescript, Less, Storybook, Jest, React Testing Library
- Lay down-solid best practices for UI development within the team
- The job is not limited to the front-end in the long run, but at this point, we need someone good at this
In your day to day, expect to:
- Implement and provide consultation based on UI guidelines (we use Figma)
- Perform code reviews and work to improve our code quality and learn with the team
- Help others grow
- Provide some degree of support to our business partners
Who you are
- We need someone with 3+ years of front-end development to join our team and be the subject matter expert on react.
- We need someone to show us how it's done the right way
- We need someone who can build mobile-friendly UI and make the best call on cross-platform implementation vs. platform-specific
- Who you are
- Familiar with implementing the Accessibility layer in rich web applications
- Keen to grow on the backend and full-stack range
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary (depending on your location, from €73k to €89k) and equity packages (65th percentile of the market)
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Complimentary private health insurance (we use Alan)
- 50% of public transportation reimbursed (Vélib, Navigo, etc.)
- Personal credit card to buy lunches during the week (we use Swile)
- Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- Get up to $2000 of learning material (includes books, courses, training sessions, etc.)
- Every quarter, we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we're going and strengthen the social bonds (once traveling is safe, we'll transform these summits into offsites!)
Engineering Team Culture
Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility.
You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without sacrificing quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, treating errors first, and features later.
We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.
Why join us?
We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
More cool things to know about Gorgias...
• Raised our Series A for $14M in November 2019: techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/gorgias-series-a
• Raised our Series B for $25M in December 2020: https://techcrunch.com/2020/12/10/gorgias-series-b/
• What our customers are saying: apps.shopify.com/helpdesk#reviews
• Our software stack: stackshare.io/gorgias
• Other positions: jobs.lever.co/gorgias
Gorgias ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Jobs powered by
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
The Veloz Group is hiring a Junior Frontend Software Engineer to provide frontend development for a variety of technology ventures. Reporting directly to our CTO, Vice Presidents and Lead Software Engineers, Frontend developers will work with Veloz leadership and engineering team
Who We AreBranch Cut believes that the Internet needs more products designed for humans.We've started with TableRaven (https://tableraven.com), a gaming assistant for tabletop role-playing games. Our belief is that the web has opened a significant number of opportunities for savi
IRIS Business Services Ltd is looking for a Senior Front-end Angular Developer who is passionate about design and programming to work in an exciting space of tax technology. Responsibilities include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You wil
Job Type: Hidden (25702) Overview:We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering tr
More jobs by this company
About the Integrations teamThe Engineering Integrations team is the team responsible for bringing all external data into Gorgias. We integrate with both communication channels to bring messages into Gorgias (Gmail, Facebook Messenger...), and ecommerce softwares to bring customer