About Dental Whale
Dental Whale provides dentists with seamless access to a vast array of tools, services, and advantages to compete and thrive in the dental industry. The best way to describe why someone should come to work for Dental Whale is to have an environment where you can flourish, learn, be supported by an organization, have an opportunity to grow professionally, and better your career in addition to being part of something unique within a very large industry.
Dental Whale’s Frontend Developer carries UI/UX design into usable websites and web apps. Responsibilities include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Develop new user-facing features and animations
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts such as layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 2+ years of experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- knowledge of strong engineering fundamentals, data structures/algos, and modern web technologies (browsers; Babel, Webpack, Prettier, ESLint, TypeScript)
- Experience with standard software engineering methodologies (i.e., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Version Control systems (git)
- Extensive experience with React and React frameworks (NextJS and Gatsby) - Preferred
- Strong and creative problem-solving abilities - Preferred
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field - Preferred
- Experience with GraphQL - Preferred
The perks of being a Dental Whale team member include a flexible work schedule (remote work will be considered), employee recognition program, employee discount programs and ongoing training opportunities. Our traditional benefits include healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Dependent Care coverage (FSA), several ancillary insurance offerings, 100% employer-paid life insurance, 401k plan, paid holidays, paid time off, free Yoga Joint membership and more.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employment Type: Full Time (minimum 40 hours per week)
Wage Type: Salary
Dental Whale believes in creating a more equitable playing field for applicants and values the depth of relevant skills built through successful business, leadership and technology experience. If your background and skills are a close match for this position, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dental Whale is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or team members because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Dental Whale hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
Foldscope Instruments, Inc. is a Bay Area start up with the explicit mission to get scientific instruments into the hands of children around the world. Our first and flagship product is the Foldscope, a paper-based microscope that can be manufactured for about a $1. To date, we h
Exodus is looking for a mid-level UI/UX Front-End Engineer to help us create and implement pixel-perfect designs! As part of our design engineering team, you will work closely with our current engineering design team member and UI/UX designers to make sure we are providing the be
6 month full-time contract, option to extend to 12 months. Remote, Ireland and UK.The Sensible Code Company uses modern software techniques to transform the processing and publication of data and statistics.Over 10 years ago, we created ScraperWiki: one of the first collaborative
Opus Logica, a well-established, small, creative, and diverse technology company based in Santa Barbara, is looking to hire an experienced React web developer as remote employee. We strive to create a good work/life balance even while building and launching products for a mix of.