Senior Front-End Developer
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S, on the Entrepreneur 360 companies list, and one of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s Fantastic 50 companies. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having a work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as a Front-End Developer on a team at a Federal Government client with an information-sharing mission. Build applications using the Agile development methodology. Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client. The ability to be flexible is important as client requirements can shift. Be eager to learn new technologies and methodologies. The client atmosphere is congenial and welcomes ideas that can improve productivity or simplify code. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming challenges.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Build or update existing Java applications; Java (Java 8)
- Build front-end web pages using HTML, CSS, Angular, AJAX
- Build back-end application code that manipulates content, and interacts with other systems, services and APIs
- Build and update RESTful APIs and microservices
- Interface with PostgreSQL
- Implement unit testing for built components using tools such as Junit
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager to support emerging client needs as well.
- 6+ years of web application development experience
- Strong experience with Vue.js, React.js, or Angular 8+
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- 5+ years of experience with full-stack development, including understanding UI frameworks and back-end architecture interactions
- Strong experience developing/consuming RESTful web services
- 2+ years of experience with Spring and Hibernate
- 2+ years of experience with designing and developing PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Spring (Spring boot, MVC, Web Services, Security, Batch)
- Solid knowledge of Scrum, Kanban Agile development methodologies
- Excellent issue resolution skills within open-source products
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience creating custom website presence ideally for Federal agency public websites
- Familiarity and experience with Section 508 standards
- Understanding mobile-friendliness of websites
- Ability to work with technical staff to understand and develop new web applications, resolves customer complaints with web applications, and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements
- Experience with supervisory responsibilities: Approving time and leave, conducting performance reviews, and coaching.
- Ability to participate in the development of software documentation such as version description documents and user manuals
- Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as team leader on complex projects. Participated in Agile Scrum-based development
- Ability to pass a basic government background check
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience with Vue.js
- The ability to supervise and mentor and lead junior developers is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently and in an awesome team setting
- Experience or exposure with automation tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven
- Experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Exposure to AWS or Other Cloud Technologies.
- Experience or exposure with LDAP, OAuth, AD security, and authentication
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Lucene/Solr
- Excellent communication skills
Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Remote position with monthly meetings onsite in Washington, DC.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
- Must be eligible to receive a Public Trust Clearance
Artemis Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Artemis Consulting utilizes E-Verify to check employment authorization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
The Veloz Group is hiring a Junior Frontend Software Engineer to provide frontend development for a variety of technology ventures. Reporting directly to our CTO, Vice Presidents and Lead Software Engineers, Frontend developers will work with Veloz leadership and engineering team
Who We AreBranch Cut believes that the Internet needs more products designed for humans.We've started with TableRaven (https://tableraven.com), a gaming assistant for tabletop role-playing games. Our belief is that the web has opened a significant number of opportunities for savi
IRIS Business Services Ltd is looking for a Senior Front-end Angular Developer who is passionate about design and programming to work in an exciting space of tax technology. Responsibilities include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You wil
Job Type: Hidden (25702) Overview:We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering tr
More jobs by this company
Front End Vue.js Developer4+ years of relevant experienceFull-Time - Remote Opportunity for US-based candidates only (see Other Requirements for details)ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTINGArtemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is a certified.