Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn't help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.
Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, single application solutions and providing business-wide platforms that provide real-time access to web-based intelligence via mobile devices, tablets and computers. These programs tie together all the variables that go into milk production in a single platform from the feed to the cow to the parlor providing actionable intelligence that allows today's dairy farmer to make decisions when it will have the greatest impact on production: now.
VAS is currently searching for the right candidate that has a passion for the dairy software industry and wants to help make an impact of this very large ecosystem
As a Senior Front-End Developer with React knowledge, you write well-tested code, guide the team with your experience, and seek challenges that inspire you.
- Building new features for VAS web applications by writing clean and reusable React components
- Reviewing pull requests of your colleagues and fixing bugs quickly
- Working closely with our product, data science, and support teams, continuously integrating their feedback in product development and user experience
- Working closely with Quality Assurance to produce high quality software
- Mentoring the other developers and guiding them in their work
- Helping to choose new technologies and frameworks to tackle problems
- Identifying opportunities to improve our front-end architecture to better deliver value and/or ease maintenance
- You have at least 4-5 years of work experience, including 2 years or more of recent experience developing in React
- You prefer working in a team and are comfortable in a remote working environment
- Code architecture design experience
- Comfortable with Git & GitHub pull request methodologies including code reviews
What we count as a plus
- You have backend experience with Node.js
- You have AWS experience
- You have an interest in UX/UI and understand what great user experience looks like
- You have worked with multiple frameworks, not just React
- You have participated in open-source projects
At VAS, we pride ourselves with being the leader in the dairy software industry, but another area we excel in is benefits to our employees.
- VAS offers competitive salary in the top percentile for our field.
- Generous medical, vision, dental.
- Fidelity retirement plan.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and school activity time.
- Opportunity to grow within chosen field.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
SBD is looking for a talented Lead Front End Developer to build the 'client-side' of our new web-based applications for our Federal Health IT client. The ideal candidate should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applicati
The Veloz Group is hiring a Junior Frontend Software Engineer to provide frontend development for a variety of technology ventures. Reporting directly to our CTO, Vice Presidents and Lead Software Engineers, Frontend developers will work with Veloz leadership and engineering team
Who We AreBranch Cut believes that the Internet needs more products designed for humans.We've started with TableRaven (https://tableraven.com), a gaming assistant for tabletop role-playing games. Our belief is that the web has opened a significant number of opportunities for savi
IRIS Business Services Ltd is looking for a Senior Front-end Angular Developer who is passionate about design and programming to work in an exciting space of tax technology. Responsibilities include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You wil