SBD is looking for a talented Lead Front End Developer to build the 'client-side' of our new web-based applications for our Federal Health IT client. The ideal candidate should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. The successful candidate will be able to build out functional user interfaces through close collaboration with back-end developers to integrate with the server-side application logic, and UI/UX web designers to create a functional and attractive digital environment with improved usability.
If you're interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
The Front-End Developer will be part of a large, high performing team building a new enterprise web-enabled business application.
This position is approved to be fully remote within the United States.
- Collaborate with the Agile team, including product management, to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Lead and mentor a team of UI software engineers
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Follow application accessibility and 508 standards.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 6+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 1+ years' experience in Agile delivery
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers, and business partners.
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Familiarity with data serialization formats (JSON, XML).
- Understanding of RESTful API design for web services.
- Experience in source control environments like Git.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years. Due to the requirements of this federal customer, applicants must be Green Card Holders or US Citizens.
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with Java 1.8 or higher
- Experience with React, ReduxJS, NodeJS
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience with Linux
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn't help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, s
The Veloz Group is hiring a Junior Frontend Software Engineer to provide frontend development for a variety of technology ventures. Reporting directly to our CTO, Vice Presidents and Lead Software Engineers, Frontend developers will work with Veloz leadership and engineering team
Who We AreBranch Cut believes that the Internet needs more products designed for humans.We've started with TableRaven (https://tableraven.com), a gaming assistant for tabletop role-playing games. Our belief is that the web has opened a significant number of opportunities for savi
IRIS Business Services Ltd is looking for a Senior Front-end Angular Developer who is passionate about design and programming to work in an exciting space of tax technology. Responsibilities include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You wil
More jobs by this company
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is looking for a talented Junior Full Stack Java Developer to build enhancements and provide operations and maintenance support for the back-end and front-end of a web-based application for our Federal Health IT client. The ideal candidate will b