Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
Good frontend development is hard. Scaling frontend development so that many teams can work simultaneously on a large and complex product is even harder. As the UI Architect, you will be responsible for defining the direction of the modern micro-frontend architecture for sumo logic. You will help build the UI framework which allows autonomous teams to build independently deliverable applications. You will collaborate with UI leads from different teams.
What you will do:
- Understanding of the “big picture” technical vision of Sumo Logic’s software.
- Ownership of frontend architecture and how it relates to the “big picture”.
- Educate and Collaborate with teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to Sumo Logic’s Engineering Principles, and best practices.
- Mentor junior engineers and improve software development processes.
- Drive software characteristics such as flexibility, scalability, feasibility, reusability, and security.
- Evaluate, test, and provide technology and design recommendations to executives.
- Participate in user experience design, architecture initiatives and lead regular code reviews with a major focus on ease of use, visual appeal, re-usability, and performance.
- Write detailed design documents and documentation on system design and implementation.
- Ensuring the engineering teams are set up to deliver quality software quickly and reliably.
What you already have
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Sciences or related discipline
- Ability to Influence: Understand people’s values and motivations and influence them towards making good architectural choices.
- Collaborative working style: You can work with other engineers to come up with good decisions.
- Humility: You are aware of your skills, your limitations, and value other opinions as much as your own.
- Positive attitude: You have enthusiasm and a positive outlook. You can motivate others to follow your lead.
- Bias towards action: You need to make things happen. It is essential you don’t become an inhibitor of progress, but enabler.
- Flexibility: You are willing to learn and change. Admit past approaches might not be the right ones now.
- Technical skills:
- 3+ years of experience in the design, development, and use of component-based architectures, preferably with React and Redux
- Critical Thinking: You use your past experience, research and “outside-of-box” thinking to drill down to the fundamentals of a problem, and rationally assess the facts before jumping to conclusions.
- Proactivity: You take the lead, not wait for directions.
- Responsibility: You can be accountable, reliable, deliver and manage your time well.
- Pragmatism: You can trade off longer-term strategic concerns with the short term needs of the business.
- Curiosity: You have the willingness to learn about new tools and technologies not currently in the set of technologies used at Sumo Logic. Ability to dive deep into unknown territory and quickly reach proficiency with new technologies.
To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications. Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
After being in hypergrowth for the last few years, in September 2020, Sumo Logic became a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ Exchange. Our recurring revenue and customer base continue to grow steadily. We serve over 2,200customers (nearly 70,000 users) across the globe including Airbnb, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst,Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra,Toyota, Zuora and more.
More information: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
Headquarters: Switzerland URL: http://bo.marketThe Position:We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who excels at creating high-performance web applications. As part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for developing our next-generation trading platform. Yo
HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary alre
ResponsibilitiesDeveloping new user-facing features using React.jsBuilding reusable components and front-end libraries for future useTranslating designs and wireframes into high quality codeOptimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices a
What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. The problems we solve every day are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are
More jobs by this company
As the Customer Success Manager, you will be the main point of contact for existing key customer accounts in the Customer Success organization. You will proactively advocate for the customer - focusing on high levels of adoptions to ensure customer satisfaction and be responsible
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be the primary technical resource for our Account Executives team. You will share your product and technical expertise through presentations, product demonstrations, and technical evaluations (Proof Of Values). As the technical expert, you
Senior Software Engineer – Metrics InfrastructureIncreasingly complex modern applications demand increasingly flexible and powerful tools in order to empower engineers to identify, resolve, investigate, and prevent issues and outages.This role targets a candidate with exper