6 month full-time contract, option to extend to 12 months. Remote, Ireland and UK.
The Sensible Code Company uses modern software techniques to transform the processing and publication of data and statistics.
Over 10 years ago, we created ScraperWiki: one of the first collaborative in-browser coding environments focused on scraping and wrangling messy data.
We run PDFTables.com which has converted over 100 million pages of PDF files to clean tabular data for its thousands of users.
Most recently, we’ve built Cantabular: a software framework for the protection and publication of statistical data. We’ve just used it to republish the 1911 Ireland census and the Office for National Statistics are using it to automate much of the dissemination for the 2021 England and Wales census.
We’re a friendly, supportive and experienced remote team focused on delivering high quality software. We’ve been working remotely as a company since 2018 and collaborate using Slack, Trello, GSuite and GitHub.
About this role
We’re looking for a contract senior frontend software engineer to help us work on our product Cantabular.
- Building new features and make other improvements to our existing user interfaces using vanilla TypeScript, Sass and Go templates
- Leading the development of larger features on our roadmap such as map-based interactions or data visualisation, potentially using a framework such as Svelte, React or Vue
- Writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Collaborating with a committed team of developers and designers to maintain a high standard of software development
- Ability to plan, iterate and ship ideas quickly
- Great written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if:
We don’t expect the successful candidate to have all of these things, but please mention any that apply. If you have other relevant expertise or experience let us know.
- Experience building accessible, progressively-enhanced user interfaces
- Experience building interactive visualisations with D3, Svelte or other libraries and frameworks
- Interest in or experience with user interface design
- Interest in data science, statistics or machine learning
Pay and benefits:
- Competitive day rate: £350-£400 per day
- Flexible: flexible working times to support a healthy work/life balance
- Location: you can be located anywhere in Ireland & UK
How to apply:
Email email@example.com quoting scjob28 in the subject line with the following information
- Cover letter: tell us a bit about why you’re interested in this role
- CV or resume: your professional experience
- Your telephone number
No agencies please.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
Foldscope Instruments, Inc. is a Bay Area start up with the explicit mission to get scientific instruments into the hands of children around the world. Our first and flagship product is the Foldscope, a paper-based microscope that can be manufactured for about a $1. To date, we h
Exodus is looking for a mid-level UI/UX Front-End Engineer to help us create and implement pixel-perfect designs! As part of our design engineering team, you will work closely with our current engineering design team member and UI/UX designers to make sure we are providing the be
Opus Logica, a well-established, small, creative, and diverse technology company based in Santa Barbara, is looking to hire an experienced React web developer as remote employee. We strive to create a good work/life balance even while building and launching products for a mix of.