Who We Are:
Front End Software Engineer - United States or Canada
Due to the current conditions of COVID-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who you are:
- You have professional experience working with web technologies such as React and Ruby and are passionate about the pragmatic application of agile engineering practices.
- For you, writing robust software that will be seen by thousands of people around the world every day is a dream come true!
- You work with other skilled engineers to tackle complicated problems.
- You like collaborating with your coworkers and are comfortable asking questions when something is not clear or you are faced with a complicated problem.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and how they might aid you in addressing business challenges.
Your Next Challenge:
- You will join a team of highly-collaborative software engineers that are comfortable working with a diverse set of tools, and willing to take initiative on their ideas.
- As a member of the team, you will work closely with your team and other members of the business to bring new features and functionality to our customer facing websites.
- You will also interact with the other parts of the Getty Images Inc. technology team, collaborating with software engineers, designers, data-scientists, product managers and other partners to help build enterprise grade software to delight our customers.
- We value learning and development at Getty Images! We devote time to personal learning both during the course of business as well as hosting dedicated hack-a-thons and internal learning events to help everyone feel like they can grow both personally and expertly.
What You'll Need:
- A proven understanding of React.js.
- Solid experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- You should be comfortable with web development and the basics of HTML and CSS and the semantic meaning of these tags.
- The ability to work independently on a project, refine unclear requirements, and collaborate within a multi-functional team to ensure that you are delivering value to our business partners.
Nice to Have:
- A working understanding of SEO and how to ensure pages are setup to best allow search engines to crawl and index pages.
- Professional experience with AngularJS 1.4*
- Experience with other web frameworks and libraries such as Vue, Angular, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS, and infrastructure as code a plus.
- Bachelors In Computer Science or Software Engineering or applicable degree or certificate program.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
Benefits at Getty Images
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We always raise the bar
We collectively bring solutions
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
The Veloz Group is hiring a Junior Frontend Software Engineer to provide frontend development for a variety of technology ventures. Reporting directly to our CTO, Vice Presidents and Lead Software Engineers, Frontend developers will work with Veloz leadership and engineering team
Who We AreBranch Cut believes that the Internet needs more products designed for humans.We've started with TableRaven (https://tableraven.com), a gaming assistant for tabletop role-playing games. Our belief is that the web has opened a significant number of opportunities for savi
IRIS Business Services Ltd is looking for a Senior Front-end Angular Developer who is passionate about design and programming to work in an exciting space of tax technology. Responsibilities include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You wil
Job Type: Hidden (25702) Overview:We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering tr
More jobs by this company
Who We Are:For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content