Job Title: A/R Management Representative
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/ Full-Time
Location: Remote (Work from Home)
The A/R Management Representative is responsible for providing quality and efficient services to clients through responsive communications, expedited services, problem resolution, and accurate information. The Representative ensures maximum reimbursement for services rendered by StreamlineMD clients in the most cost-effective manner. The individual in this position represents the client to the payers and patients and may cross train in more than one area of A/R Management. In general, the Representative is responsible for understanding payer specific billing rules related to certain specialties including, but not limited to: Radiology, Endovascular/Interventional Radiology, Interventional Pain Management, and Interventional Vein specialists. The Representative is also responsible for the timely follow up of open claims for their assigned insurance carriers, correcting claim rejections, reviewing denied claims, filling appeals and working special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review accounts for accuracy, CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10 coding, insurance, and demographic set up.
- Perform A/R aging analysis and follow up on accounts due.
- Review A/R work queues daily and resolve open claims.
- Submit claims to primary, secondary, and all applicable third-party insurers.
- Reconcile account credit balances.
- Research when payments are not received.
- Review claim submission rejections daily and resolve with payers and clearinghouses
- Investigate front-end denials to determine why a claim is denied, and what is required to process and pay the claim.
- Resolve denied claims by resubmitting a corrected claim or filing an appeal when appropriate.
- Address discrepancies such as duplicates, modifiers, or incorrect insurance.
- Determine the basis for an appeal, create letter, and fax or mail to the Payer.
- Identify current insurance when denial is based on coverage.
- Keep up with returned mail by searching for current addresses
- Determine denial trends or changes in adjudication results with payers and alert management with findings.
- Contact payers to resolve claims not responded, and to inquire about medical policies.
- Monitor payer websites for news updates and/or changes in medical policies.
- Follow up with insurance company and/or patient as appropriate.
Client / Patient Communication
- Resolve Client Work Tasks in our software as a priority.
- Communicate clearly in emails/notes providing information needed in a friendly, professional manner.
- Initiate and respond to telephone inquiries from patients and insurers.
- Answer inbound client calls with helpful information and follow up if needed.
- Process credit card transactions as needed.
- Follow all related HIPAA privacy regulations and other healthcare compliance regulations as determined by StreamlineMD.
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality for all matters pertaining to any clients, their patients, related documents and computer files.
- A minimum of two (2) years medical billing experience or comparable education.
- Basic knowledge of EOB statements, HCPCS, CPT, and ICD-9 / ICD-10 coding concepts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Computer skills including Excel.
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Residential broadband internet access*
- Suitable in home workspace
- Home office furnishings that meet the corporate Ergonomics Guidelines
* Cable service or fiber optic is the preferred solution. The minimum recommended Internet download speed is 10 Mbps and upload is 1 Mbps (Megabits per seconds). DSL is acceptable. Cellular Hot Spots, Satellite and dial up are not acceptable primary access solutions.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Medical administration technical certificate or Associates in medical or business-related field is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Medical Billing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Everbridge: a fast-growing global provider of SaaS-based critical communications and enterprise safety solutions are currently seeking Solution Architects to be based anywhere in Europe.Solution Architects are the primary Pre-Sales technical sales resource for the Everbridge Publ
Position Title: Business Development RepresentativePMG, a leading national provider of manufacturing labor services, is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Representative to partner with our Client Solutions Team to develop business across the U.S.Individuals who are.
Your mission as a Front-end Developer at Time2play: Decide on technical solutions Develop the software of tomorrow Review code to ensure we keep it as clean as can be Write tests and document where necessary Develop together with the rest of our team Take part in our product disc
Client Need: On-call, context aware support during local business hours for a growing number of new users with BigQuery adoption challenges and help improve the overall onboarding experience.Key Skills: Google Cloud Platform (GCP): BigQuery, Airflow, Dataflow, Looker, Pub/Sub, da
About SpruceSpruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward-thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies, and investors. We believe that the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency, and digital experiences. Our miss
REMOTE Opportunity!!Description:Assists in the preparation and review of scientific documents under general supervision to meet or exceed quality standards. Writes and edits basic to moderately complex analytical methods, reports and protocols for potential submission to regulato