At Ascensus, technology is more than just a solution. It powers the business that helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative teams, but work in an environment where individual and career development is always valued. Technology associates leverage their talents and passion, building new and innovative platforms, creating programs founded in automation in agile frameworks, and driving existing and new markets—all of which supports the rapid growth of a dynamic industry leader.
Section 1: Position Summary
As a Front-End Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy cross-functional Scrum team responsible for making sure the client interface of our web applications works properly and smoothly. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are responsive, robust and easy to maintain using best user interface development practices in the industry today coordinating with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are building high performing teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by continuously releasing quality software with an intuitive user interface and sophisticated design. Key expectations of this role include a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product along with a curiosity about new digital technologies which aspire to combine usability with visual design.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create responsive websites per design guidelines and information architecture
- Collaborate with scrum team members and stakeholders including UX designers and back-end engineers to deliver the business vision with a delightful user experience
- Build reusable code and UI pattern libraries for use across multiple applications
- Follow best practices and standards for front-end development including accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Assist in technical initiatives related to UI development
- Assist in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum of 2+ years of Hands-on experience working with Angular as a Front-End Engineer
- Strong understanding of UI/UX design principles
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Basic understanding of UI unit testing requirements including cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic understanding of at least one code versioning tool (Git, SVN)
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience working with Services Oriented Architecture, Web services, API Integration, and Restful Services
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Experience working with other developers, test engineers, and DevOps engineers to ensure smooth deployment and continual operation
Nice to Have Skills
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles (patterns, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D.)
- Familiarity or experience with Agile engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of .NET and C# on the Microsoft technology stack
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience in open source development
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About SnapsheetSnapsheet is an industry-leading technology company building products that make insurance simple, for everyone. We create platforms that drive efficiencies using data and technology to enable the easiest, fastest and most accurate claims processing in the industry.
OverviewTrellis is a full-service eCommerce agency with a single focus: make commerce simple. We help growth-focused brands succeed through design, development, and performance-based marketing services. As an award-winning, remote-first organization with headquarters in Boston, w
THE CHALLENGEEventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. We are seeking a Senior Frontend Software Engineer t
About usForray is a technology company looking to create a property management online eco-system for property management companies to make management a more cohesive experience.Looking for a front end developer. Developing a web based property management application.3 years of ex
ABOUT EVENTBRITEEventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since its inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the.
More jobs by this company
At Ascensus, technology is more than just a solution. It powers the business that helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative teams, but work in an environment where
FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large nat
Position SummaryThe Principal DevOps Engineer is a technical leadership role, responsible for day-to-day oversight of the application engineering/DevOps practices,maintaining a disciplined and stable application environment for development, testing and production. This position p
Section 1: Position SummaryAs an Associate Data Engineer at Ascensus, you will enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming and visualizing the data. You will build, maintain and troubleshoot data processing systems with emphasis on security, reliability, faultS
Section 1: Position SummaryThe Email Marketing Manager is responsible for the implementation and execution of sophisticated, highly dynamic email campaigns for our diverse client base. The use of advanced problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills will play a critical role
Section 1: Position SummaryDesign the user experience for web and mobile solutions that help millions of people achieve their financial goals. Use design thinking techniques and strong collaboration across business, design, analytics, and development functions to create experienc